• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Hey Dipoto

If Amaro ever comes down on his asking price (Heaney or Tropeano) then the Angels will end up with Revere.,

Thanks Ruben!

I like the idea of rob refsnyder, only because it sounds like ron schneider, and in duece bigalow they went to an angel game. Good vibes.

He's also Korean and grew up an Angels fan in Laguna.   We are down a Korean this year.  

Edited by Inside Pitch

This isn't a lineup that you can magically fix by acquiring a left fielder. I see a hole at left, DH, third, a couple of middle relievers, maybe second, and I'd like to see another intriguing option behind the plate. The bench could use a boost too. 

This is Dipoto's big test, he was able to stockpile pitching and give the team incredible pitching depth, but now we'll see how he focuses on building a new foundation of offense throughout the system. We'll see a bat or two added at the deadline (I'd assume players who are not rentals), but he'll have to really get creative in the offseason. Close to having the financial flexibility they need (Joyce, Freese, and Iannetta are free agents, hopefully Salas and Pestano are cut to save a couple more million. Wilson, Weaver, Smith, and Aybar the year after that. And Hamilton the year after that.)

What would it take to get a guy like JD Martinez? He's in his prime, not overly hyped, but I pretty good player and young enough to be here a few years? I think he'd be that under the radar type of pick up that would be greater on a team that has plenty of offense but seems to struggle with starting pitching.

Good point, trading kendrick for heaney has also been a bad move so far. So let's run down the list of moves dipoto has made:

Trumbo for Skaggs+Santiago - Bad Move

Freese deal - Horrible

Jepsen for Joyce - AWFUL

Kendrick for Heany - not good

Callaspo for AAA Grant Green - shit deal

signing Blanton - LOL

Jordan Walden for Tommy Hanjobs - TRAIN WRECK

Amarista for Fieri - Bad move

Please, anybody have a list of good moves? I am having trouble weighing the bad vs the good.

hahaha

classic

is this real life?

When one of your better hitters gets less at bats than worse hitters, it will make a difference.  Maybe not tonight, but it will.   It is such an absurd move, it deserves ridicule.  Call it bitching if you want, but I'd say you are reaching... considering it's the first time I've posted such a thing in a while.  

Kole Calhoun should be in the top four every night.  What's the difference tonight?  He isn't 0 for 30 against Price.

No, he's not..  He hasn't really been setting the world on fire this month either.   Something something about how MS sticks with struggling players in set roles for too long...

What is absurd is to think you have the same information that Scioscia has in order to call it a ridiculous move.

When one of your better hitters gets less at bats than worse hitters, it will make a difference. Maybe not tonight, but it will. It is such an absurd move, it deserves ridicule. Call it bitching if you want, but I'd say you are reaching... considering it's the first time I've posted such a thing in a while.

What is absurd is to think you have the same information that Scioscia has in order to call it a ridiculous move.

Honestly, whether you agree or disagree with the move, it's a strange move and for every argument for moving him down to 6th there is one a person could make to question it.  I think it's likely a one game "gut feeling" type thing.