• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Hey Dipoto

Here are the potential free agents

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2014/09/2016-mlb-free-agents.html

There are some names there that could help.  If the Angels were going to really try to go for it during Trout's Prime years, they should trade pretty much whomever will get some young prospects to compliment the FA's they choose for next year.  This quick rebuild would have to happen immediately.  I don't see how Dipoto will be able to trade for a couple of impact bats right now that won't destroy the farm.  Either try to win every game 3-2 until the bats hopefully wake up or try anything that will next some use for 2016.  There is still a possibility that Kendrick will sign with the Angels next year and couple that with other FA signings and a trade here or there and the Angels could be dangerous for 2016 and beyond.

BTW, Hardcorefromthestreetz post has to be mostly a joke right?  No need to think twice about it.

Here are the potential free agents

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2014/09/2016-mlb-free-agents.html

There are some names there that could help.  If the Angels were going to really try to go for it during Trout's Prime years, they should trade pretty much whomever will get some young prospects to compliment the FA's they choose for next year.  This quick rebuild would have to happen immediately.  I don't see how Dipoto will be able to trade for a couple of impact bats right now that won't destroy the farm.  Either try to win every game 3-2 until the bats hopefully wake up or try anything that will next some use for 2016.  There is still a possibility that Kendrick will sign with the Angels next year and couple that with other FA signings and a trade here or there and the Angels could be dangerous for 2016 and beyond.

BTW, Hardcorefromthestreetz post has to be mostly a joke right?  No need to think twice about it.

Well, for at least the next two weeks, he's Hardcorefromthesidelinez, since Chuck gave him a two-week cooling off period.

I'm not ready to call this season over.   I really like the Angels draft and building the farm system back to where it should be.  We all know pitching is the key to a solid year-after-year competitive performance.  BTW, Joyce is coming around of late.  I believe Freese was a good fit for the time.  He's serviceable and next year he will probably be gone.

So, I think Dipoto has done a terrific job.  Next year when the cap is more workable, we'll see better activity in the FA market.  The key has been keeping Arte away from the has-been FA signings - ala Pujols and Hamilton.  It's been a period of working the pigs through the python.  The future is bright.     

I still think Carlos Gonzalez is going to end up here.  LH power hitter, 29 yoa, MOTO bat, Colorado backround (something DiPoto likes), and the kind of splash Arte doesn't seem to mind making. 

CJ Cron, Trevor Gott, and Tyler DeLoach for Gonzalez and some salary relief.

CarGo's road numbers are not really very good. That + injury history + Angel Stadium being tough on lefty hitters = big risk.

I agree.

Pick up the phone, call Milwaukee, and ask them about Carlos Gomez or Braun (won't hurt but he's about to make big coin)

Edited by nando714

I agree.

Pick up the phone, call Milwaukee, and ask them about Carlos Gomez or Braun (won't hurt but he's about to make big coin)

Gomez's away numbers the last three years amount to a .760 OPS, all of 1 point higher than CarGo at 759.  Matt Joyce's away numbers the last three years .783  Just how much are you willing to trade for a "name brand" that's been outperformed in neutral parks by a guy who was traded for Kevin Jepsen?

I'm not saying the guy wouldn't help because he brings more than just a bat but he's one of those guys who's home park will elevate the cost to obtain him.   He's only got one year beyond this one of team control too.

Edited by Inside Pitch

Gomez's away numbers the last three years amount to a .760 OPS, all of 1 point higher than CarGo at 759. Matt Joyce's away numbers the last three years .783 Just how much are you willing to trade for a "name brand" that's been outperformed in neutral parks by a guy who was traded for Kevin Jepsen?

I'm not saying the guy wouldn't help because he brings more than just a bat but he's one of those guys who's home park will elevate the cost to obtain him. He's only got one year beyond this one of team control too.

He's cheap (due 9m in 2016) and starting off slow this yr. He's also a gg caliber OF, he could bring a spark to the team not to mention some attitude on the field (or swag whatever you wanna call it).

I'd take him over cargo. Would you take on Cargo's contract? Due 17m then 20m in 2017. He (gomez) may cost less than a revere and Howard combo. I doubt we do revere now that they just obtained neuinwhwisieess (lol). At least for the time being

Just throwing out some names

Edited by nando714

He's cheap (due 9m in 2016) and starting off slow this yr. He's also a gg caliber OF, he could bring a spark to the team not to mention some attitude on the field (or swag whatever you wanna call it).

I'd take him over cargo. Would you take on Cargo's contract? Due 17m then 20m in 2017. He (gomez) may cost less than a revere and Howard combo. I doubt we do revere now that they just obtained neuinwhwisieess (lol). At least for the time being

Just throwing out some names

I think you're missing my point, I really wouldn't make a play for either of them.  

Both will cost more in players than they are likely to be worth.  I'd sooner make a play for guys in the minors, even guys who have hit snags at the upper levels than trade for a brand name who will cost a lot more and possibly deliver nothing better than what a non sucking Matt Joyce would give us.  Stephen Piscotty is burried in the Cards system and isn't doing all that well,  Maybe he can be had for cheap.  The Yankees have a guy they seem unwilling to give any real shot to in Rob Refsnyder...  Like Piscotty he's not lighting the world on fire but they both know how to work counts, both play solid defense and both have shown to have well rounded games.   They arent sexy but I'd sooner bet on them carving out MLB careers than Grant Green.

I'm sure people might consider them more of the clean peanut project but, I think I'd rather go after those types or wait to see if the offense continues to thaw than try to go big and gut what is still a very weak farm system.

FTR, if I had to pick one or the other.. I'd probably go Gomez, because he does bring other things to the table.

Edited by Inside Pitch

Just wait for Cespedes or Upton in the off-season, and only lose the draft pick and not multiple established prospects.

I'm really curious to see if they enter the FA market this offseason.  Weaver, Wilson, Aybar, and Joe Smith all come off the books after 2016 and they currently only have 81 mil on the books for 2017..  (including Hamilton).

unless the dude is a stud and difference maker...not ok trading away multiple players the represent the depth and future that was just built up by dipoto with solid trades and drafts.      another joyce type doing decent is not worth the pitchers it would take to make it happen.    we need to get to asb to make sure pitching is for real and wheels are not coming off to make it all moot.