• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Every Time Mike Napoli Hits A Homer vs. Angels

**** Mike Napoli. Go ahead and blame Sosh, it certainly seems he is the reason Nap was traded. There has to be a reason he was traded and from what I have heard is it had to do with his work ethic. I have no problem trading a guy that has poor work ethic. Dude kills us, but at least this season has been total shit, when not playing us. Which once again lends to his lack of focus or lack of ethic when he plays most days.

You're amazing ... keep it up.

**** Mike Napoli. Go ahead and blame Sosh, it certainly seems he is the reason Nap was traded. There has to be a reason he was traded and from what I have heard is it had to do with his work ethic. I have no problem trading a guy that has poor work ethic. Dude kills us, but at least this season has been total shit, when not playing us. Which once again lends to his lack of focus or lack of ethic when he plays most days.

This post has given everyone here a mental picture of Strad and Blarg skipping through a field of pasta to the sounds of a Mathis whif. It would be funny if it wasn't so damn sad.

This post has given everyone here a mental picture of Strad and Blarg skipping through a field of pasta to the sounds of a Mathis whif. It would be funny if it wasn't so damn sad.

Sorry Lawrence, it's just a little easier to believe that Napoli lacked work ethic as the reason he was traded than it is to believe Scioscia wanted him gone because Piazza took Scioscia's job. Here's another thing to think of, you have the same mental picture as troll daddy and Jo jo, let that sink in.

Sure.  In no way could it be a mistake on the Angels' brass.  "There has to be a reason.."

Sure. In no way could it be a mistake on the Angels' brass. "There has to be a reason.."

Of course it could be a mistake, but he put up good numbers on the Angels, so there was more than likely something that lead to that. The entire trade was ridiculous, giving up anything for Vernon Wells and taking on that much money was incredibly bad.

Of course it could be a mistake, but he put up good numbers on the Angels, so there was more than likely something that lead to that. The entire trade was ridiculous, giving up anything for Vernon Wells and taking on that much money was incredibly bad.

You guys are good at conjuring up reasons why Napoli was traded. The truth is that the FO felt that Wells is where they wanted to invest their money. It would of cost the team additional $6M to keep Napoli who they didn't feel was a full time catcher.

Salary dump

Edited by Troll Daddy

Napoli has medical risks that he's been lucky to sidestep.  Bad hip, Sleep apnea, work ethics, etc., these and other minor things took him away from continuing catching.  He had no future here as a first baseman, and still doesn't.  I wouldn't want him back, and Boston is the perfect place for him.  A hitter's park, with an inviting green wall to bang his moon shots off of.  The decision to let him go was sound, the decisions being made to let him hurt us on the field are not.

Work ethic or not, he's put up solid numbers for the most part. Maybe he could've been better, but he's always been a valuable piece, even when Scioscia didn't seem to want to admit that.

Because we have Don Baylor, nothing wrong with Baylor. It's not like we have Hatcher, we have a well respected hitting coach.

I don't dislike Don Baylor, I don't blame him for anything that's going on, but if we had Chili Davis we would have the heir apparent for Mike Scioscia already on the coaching staff.   Chili Davis is basically Don Baylor before he got the Rockies job.

I think we're missing the picture....the FACT that the Angels let Bengie Molina go because they had the number 2 catching prospect (behind Joe Mauer) and he was supposed to be a stud.

Turns out, he couldn't hit water if he fell outta a frigging boat. So, the team sent his azz down, started Jose Molina and brought up Nap from AA. Jose was traded to NY because they needed C help...and so Scioscia continued to play his pet...claiming the he was better defensively - even though I watched him many times sail the ball over 2B. It looked to me that Nap and Mathis were pretty even on defense...but Nap was farrrrrr superior with the bat. 

That being said....Mathis had that ONE glimmer of Johnny Bench vs. the Yanks in the playoffs...it was his 'reverse slump'....like when Rod Carew or Pete Rose would go 2-3 games without a hit...Mathis had 149 games of .118...yet strung together 2-3 games of hitting gappers in the playoffs.

Tony Reagins got beat out by Boston for Carl Crawford, and Vernon Wells was "star power"....and trading Nap released the pressure on the Manager to play his pet Mathis all the time...and watch him swing the bat like the Anti-Joe Mauer.

Nap metaphorically shoots the finger at former catcher turned Angel skipper every time he launches a dinger....like - that's for playing Jeff over me.

Edited by JoJo26

I think once Napoli won a ring he stopped caring about the fact that Skip sat him over Mathis.

I do feel like he loves hitting homers against us to rub it in our, and Skips, collective faces, even though MANY MANY of us were strong advocates for benching Mathis and making Napoli full time catcher (that's all I ever wanted for Napoli, really).

It really is amazing the number of times this organization has absolutely dropped ball on very VERY obvious and easy decisions. And no doubt, benching Nap over that waste of an at bat, throw to first when the runners stealing second Mathis was a year or 2 of absolutely ludicrous managerial decisions by Scioscia.

Gotta say I'm happy for Nap, he deserved to be treated better. I'm just sorry he gets to do it against us.

Agreed with whoever above said it started with failing to land beltre. It shows a lack of long term planning (imo). Ive said it before, what made beltre so appealing wasnt his bat (that is the plus), but the fact he would solve 3B when we had none in the system and none of impact that was going to hit FA.

Sonce then it seems like weve been reacting rsther than being proactive, and when you do that, youre always making moves with your back against the wall.

In defense of dipoto, i think were in a better position than a lot on here do. We NEED a bat, obviously, but thats easier to solve than pitching. And to dipotos credit, he revamped a bleak pitching staff on a shoestring budget and even got us depth which we can flip for a bat (if we choose).