• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Aviation Fans

I hate flying and sometimes pop a xanax before getting on a plane. But I am oddly fascinated with the history behind jet crashes.

I absolutely love flying but I do have that same morbid fascination with aviation crashes. I often do research on crashes and then spend hours looking at pics of the plane when it was intact, etc. I also love reading about the history of airlines and which companies have merged, the whys and hows. I have no knowledge of the ins and outs of the technical side of planes but I greatly enjoy looking at all aircraft whether it's actual aircraft or simply pictures.

My favorite livery was the blue and green Air Florida scheme. I have a 1953 Piper Tri-Pacer in a traditional tattoo styling as part of my sleeve and had it done in a blue and green scheme as a nod to that livery.

I drink out of a Piedmont Airlines mug at work. Ok, that's my story about liking aviation.

Since we're talking aviation crashes, will MH370 ever be found?  I say no, the same thing I've thought since day one.  I doubt it's anywhere near the location ships are searching, and the USA probably knows its whereabouts. 

Call me a conspiracy theorist if you want, but the tracking of aircraft position by satellite burst time/frequency offsets seems much more like a PR stunt to misdirect people's attention to one of the most remote places the plane could have flown.  I also got a kick out of the experts pretending this analysis had never been done, yet within days or weeks it was perfected to follow the flight path of other verified flights with surprising accuracy. 

Everything about this seems much too convenient.  My belief is the satellite data must have been manipulated by whoever was responsible for the crash.

My personal belief is that no debris was found because it didn't crash. I believe that the plane landed somewhere outside the reach of conventional radar (there are plenty of holes in the grid). For what purpose it was taken and what happened to the passengers, I have no idea. An American Airlines Boeing 777 captain who was interviewed by CNN said that a 777 low on fuel (as MH 370 would have been) could be landed and stopped safely on a runway as short as 3500 feet. This greatly increases the number of possible destinations.

I flew home the same day as the cerritos crash in the 80s. A few friends from high school watched it happen (they lived down the street). A guy at work that just retired was lasd back then and was the first officer on scene. Cant even imagine that.

I drove by that crash site a few months ago. You can tell which houses were destroyed because they were rebuilt larger (though they look somewhat similar). Must have been an eerie neighborhood in which to live after that.

Since we're talking aviation crashes, will MH370 ever be found?  I say no, the same thing I've thought since day one.  I doubt it's anywhere near the location ships are searching, and the USA probably knows its whereabouts. 

Call me a conspiracy theorist if you want, but the tracking of aircraft position by satellite burst time/frequency offsets seems much more like a PR stunt to misdirect people's attention to one of the most remote places the plane could have flown.  I also got a kick out of the experts pretending this analysis had never been done, yet within days or weeks it was perfected to follow the flight path of other verified flights with surprising accuracy. 

Everything about this seems much too convenient.  My belief is the satellite data must have been manipulated by whoever was responsible for the crash.

Aliens.  The way the search is going.  Does it seem that improbable?

I flew the same day as that DC-10 lost an engine in Chicago. Didn't know about it until I landed. Felt very grateful my DC-10 fared better that day.

Don't ask my opinion of the DC-10 unless you want an earful. I eventually flew one, after Douglas fixed everything, but they cut a lot of corners to beat the Lockheed L-1011 to market. A lot of people died unnecessarily as a result.

I drove by that crash site a few months ago. You can tell which houses were destroyed because they were rebuilt larger (though they look somewhat similar). Must have been an eerie neighborhood in which to live after that.

i asked my coworker what you do when you arrive at a scene like that, especially being the first one.

"Freeze" he said, and i totally get it. Where do you start? Which tragedy gets first dibs.

My friends who saw it said they heard something that made them look up, then watched it come down. Weird too because it was in broad daylight, wonder how neither pilot saw each other.

No oil, not a scrap of debris...

again, the ocean is huge. I get what you and everyone else is saying, but its like throwing a penny in an olympic swimming pool that you cant see the bottom. If it went down in one piece....

There was that other flight off of south america a few years back, same thing, no debris. When they found it (a few years later) it was still decently in tact.

Im not saying it couldnt have been hijacked, i just get how it may bot get found if it crashed. At this point theyre looking for a submarine that doesnt give off engine noise....

Per the OP, i remember the iowa crash pretty well, i remember the video of it coming in. There was a decent made for tv movie about it.

The story of the flight crew and the random guy on board who was an engineer for that type is pretty amazing. All things considered they did a hell of a job considering.

Theres a very good movie called fearless with jeff bridges thats based off that crash. The crash scene is pretty scary, very well done...will make you never want to fly again

I think there was an announcer for the rockies who was on that flight and wrote a book about it.

If it went down in one piece....

That's the thing. They don't. The airframe isn't designed to take the kind of forces that it encounters when coming to a sudden stop when hitting the water. That is what was so miraculous about about Captain Sullenberger successfully ditching his crippled A320 in the Hudson River. He had a very narrow window in which to land the plane without breaking the airframe - and he was flying during the day, when he could see the water. I would also venture a guess that there is a lot less chop in the Hudson River than there is in the open ocean. Too much of an angle either up or down and either the tail breaks off or the nose submerges and the cabin splits in the middle. The Air France A330 that crashed on the way to Paris from South America is a prime example. It took several days, but the vertical stabilizer was found floating in the ocean. The plane was in numerous pieces when the wreckage was finally found. With MH 370, nothing. Not a seat cushion washing up on a beach, not a composite panel floating anywhere, nothing.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

Per the OP, i remember the iowa crash pretty well, i remember the video of it coming in. There was a decent made for tv movie about it.

The story of the flight crew and the random guy on board who was an engineer for that type is pretty amazing. All things considered they did a hell of a job considering.

United programmed this scenario into their DC-10 simulator and had several pilots try to land the aircraft. None of them got within 20 miles of the airport before going down.

The incredible thing is that had it not been for a dip in one of the wings on short final, the pilot would have planted the aircraft squarely on the runway. A wing dipped, he had no way to correct it and the wing dug in and flipped the aircraft. It was one of the most incredible displays of airmanship ever.

United programmed this scenario into their DC-10 simulator and had several pilots try to land the aircraft. None of them got within 20 miles of the airport before going down.

The incredible thing is that had it not been for a dip in one of the wings on short final, the pilot would have planted the aircraft squarely on the runway. A wing dipped, he had no way to correct it and the wing dug in and flipped the aircraft. It was one of the most incredible displays of airmanship ever.

was that the video that was shot through a chain link fence?

Geeze.  Reading up on the Sioux City crash.  Engine goes out, and takes out the hydraulics.  Sounds like they had three people in the cockpit, one a passenger that had flight experience to land that sucker.  

This one is a compilation of like news and other coverage.

Yeah, for sure, I can't believe 185 people survived that crash.