• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Who do you think will have the better career? Harper or Trout?

Bryce Harper and manny manchado are both very over hyped by espn.

Who would take Harper and manchado 2and 3 in a draft?????

If anything I would take puig over both of those guys

Puig's wasn't drafted.

I love how all the East Coast hacks were writing articles like this the last week of April 2013 when Harper was sporting a 1.236 OPS and Trout was at .724.

Dear East Coast Hack, the season is 6 months long, not one. Your guy hasn't been able to put even two months of .800 OPS back to back. Our guy has done it 9 months in a row!

Neither are heading into the right direction, that's what I want to say.

So according to this list Clayton kersaw is not top 50?

Remember that list is about trade value. Kershaw has a huge contract. Still, as the best pitcher in baseball and still very young, he should be on there.

Harper and Machado maybe aren't moving in the right direction, but they aren't totally failing. Harper was injured for most of the year. Give him time. I suspect we'll see a bunch of .290+, 40 HR seasons from him at some point, maybe even better. I still think he has elite bat potential. As for Machado, I've never been that crazy about him but it is hard not to like a 6.3 fWAR at age 20. S

If we're talking about players that are, say, 26 and younger--meaning, they haven't necessarily reached that prime year of 27--then I'd probably pick them in this order (includes only players who have played at least half a year):

1. Trout

2. Puig

3. Stanton

4. Harper

5. Goldschmidt

6. Machado

7. Rendon

8. Freeman

9. Perez

10. Rizzo

Honorable mentions: Bogaerts, Altuve, Springer, Gordon, Yelich, Chisenhall, Castro, Calhoun

I didn't do too much research, so might be missing someone. I'm reasonable confident about the top five, but then it gets trickier. Freeman or Rizzo? Bogaerts, Altuve, Gordon or Castro? Etc.

• 3 years later...
On 4/13/2013 at 12:08 PM, DW711 said:

I might give it to Harper based on the park he plays in, being in a better overall line up and Trout looks slower.

I can't figure that, since both will be reaching the end of their respective contracts within two years, and it isn't certain where either will wind up or whether they will stay put. I don't see Harper staying in Washington unless he likes it a lot more than I believe. The Angels have more of a shot at keeping Trout, IMO, but if 2019 and 2020 resemble this season, he probably hits the door.