• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

CJ Wilson

I know the majority wanted to trade him in the offseason and some said hopefully he starts the season hot and trade him then. Just wanted to get everyone's thoughts on the idea since he has been our most reliable pitcher to start. Do we trade him or hold onto him?

If we're completely out of it by the 7/31 trading deadline, I would absolutely trade Ceej for a young bat or two (given he continues to pitch well). I believe he would have value to a team looking for a proven vet that's performed in the playoffs. Would love to get out of his salary and get younger at the same time.

Lol.

Nando would you try and trade him?

If he continues to do what he's doing ..no I wouldn't. maybe in the off season where we can maybe get a little more with his contract expiring after 2016.

With Weaver going down the toilet very fast this CJ has become More valuable to our rotation.

He's very un-Nibs like so far with only 10 BBs in 40 innings and a 1.05 WHIP.

Even more remarkable, he's averaging 6.7 innings a start and only 98.5 pitches.

Watch Nando's prediction come true for his next start now.

I agree with Nando. Hold on to CJ until at least the off-season, unless the Halos fall pretty much out of post-season contention by the latter part of this coming July.

Edited by Angel Oracle

If you'd told me before the season he'd start the year like this I'd have said start shopping him like crazy because it's probably not going to last. But Weaver's struggles and the fact Heaney, Tropeano and Rucinski haven't exactly set the world on fire at AAA yet sure has made that hard. I think it's got to the point now where you're not trading him just because you can, but if you can get something of actual value in return (for example, someone who might reduce the stink of this offense) then it's certainly worth looking at it.

If we are put of it trade him. If Heany catches fires and either Weaver or Trop show they can pitch as a backend pitcher then you trade him mid year.

of we keep him and he has a good year trade him his last year. Either way he shouldn't be wearing an Angel uniform 12 months from now.

The consensus of the board seems to be that we should keep him until his trade value goes down, at which point we should strive to get fleeced for him.

Edited by stormngt

Reminds me when I talked him up after his first start and was basically called a moron and that the thread was in contention to be the most bumped with the Weaver thread.

Good times.

Six starts have conclusively proved that point, haven't they?

For the record, Wilson had an ERA of 3 after 10 starts last year. We've all seen how quickly it can fall off.