• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Angels Trade Josh Hamilton to Texas Rangers (Official)

all of you guys that keep saying the angels are foolish for not sending him to arizona and voiding his contract when he refuses are bashing the angels for something that was only mentioned on twitter and are greatly overestimating how "easy" it is to void an mlb contract. do you realize he could go to prison and it still wouldn't violate his contract?

Terrible move.

If I'm in the FO I'd rather not eat that much money to watch Joyce play every day. Put the ego aside and mend the fence to have a better player in the lineup you need to pay anyway.

lol@CarlG. The dude with the gay selfie on ESPN that could be easily trolled mentioning anything bad about the Cowboys. Stamm just has down syndrome.

I guess Josh doesn't believe robbery is included in the 10 commandments.  I love selective religions, the world is full of them.

There always exists a possibility that Hamilton was never a true Christian to begin with. 

Saying you are one doesn't make it true. 

I thought it was a no-brainer to force him into voiding his entire contract. And by forcing I mean expecting him to be an adult and show up for work outside of Texas, which he was already starting to refuse to do. He has the mind of a selfish 5 year old child and the Angels probably could have voided the entire thing if they had only waited a week or 2 when Josh went full retard/Raul Mondesi and refused to show up for assignments outside of his friend's or drug dealer's or whoever's ranch.

The Angels were able to completely terminate Raul Mondesi's contract for this same thing and there was nothing even the MLBPA could do.

For those few games Guillen, Mondesi, and Vlad may have been the best throwing outfield of all time. 

As I was driving to tonight's game the ESPN announcer read the MLPA contract language on how much authority the team has over where to rehab and train. It was very strong language in favor of the team. I never understood why the Angels allowed the whole Houston rehab thing.They should have made him rehab in Tempe at their facility and under their trainers, etc. I never thought that the stop in Tempe before beginning his minor league games was going to be any more than the Angels showcasing him so that other interested teams could scout him. I never saw him returning to the Angels. I hope that more information surfaces about Josh's supposed refusal to report to Tempe for extended Spring Training.

If this deal goes through, what happens if Texas decides to DFA him? Are we still on the hook for the balance minus the 15 million that Texas was going to absorb? I think that there is a strong possibility that Josh screws up again either professionally, personally or both and is suspended or has his contract cancelled in the next three years. There may be some relief for the Angels yet.

I'm not questioning his faith as a conviction. I'm questioning whether he's actually following it. By continually going on about how he's a "devout Christian" but acting this way, he a) looks like a complete hypocrite b ) makes other Christians look bad. If you're going to make Christianity a central part of your public persona, you need to make sure you're actually representing it. There's perhaps more accountability there than there would be for someone who doesn't choose to do that.

And his "difficult period" is all his own doing, isn't it? Free will and all. He's the one who didn't use resources which were available to him that might have helped him keep from using (firing his accountability coach), doesn't seem to have any motivation to work, refused the Angels' offer to get him back on track, and has basically seemed to feel perfectly okay with taking a lot of money that he's not working for.

I'm from a far more liberal denomination than Hamilton; I just have very little patience for this type of crap.

as long as your faith allows you pass judgement on how Christians should always behave, without faltering, i guess you can continue sit in judgement of on how a perfect Christian should act.

as most here know,  i have  never trumpeted my faith because it's something that is very personal to me. however,  i realize that many others choose a different path and I'm perfectly fine with that

Well, to be perfectly honest...... I could have swung wildly at pitches away in the dirt or even before they got to the plate. Done massive amounts of Blow on Hookers asses. Pledged my allegiance to the holly golden Wambat. Pissed off 35,000 a night of home town faithful. Divorced my cheating wife. And shack up with my homies power sippin 40's and blowing off quarter sticks of dynamite in the middle of Texas. I would have even stumbled my half corked ass down to John Wayne Airport for a one way flight to Arizona....On my dime!

For the low low price of 2.5Million per.. What a deal~

Where do I sign up for this?

As I was driving to tonight's game the ESPN announcer read the MLPA contract language on how much authority the team has over where to rehab and train. It was very strong language in favor of the team. I never understood why the Angels allowed the whole Houston rehab thing.They should have made him rehab in Tempe at their facility and under their trainers, etc. I never thought that the stop in Tempe before beginning his minor league games was going to be any more than the Angels showcasing him so that other interested teams could scout him. I never saw him returning to the Angels. I hope that more information surfaces about Josh's supposed refusal to report to Tempe for extended Spring Training.

If this deal goes through, what happens if Texas decides to DFA him? Are we still on the hook for the balance minus the 15 million that Texas was going to absorb? I think that there is a strong possibility that Josh screws up again either professionally, personally or both and is suspended or has his contract cancelled in the next three years. There may be some relief for the Angels yet.

I think the biggest reason why he rehabbed in Houston vs in Arizona at least initially was that his rehab would have been during spring training.  It would have been a much huger distraction to the rest of the team if he was in AZ.  Houston was probably the best destination for him and the team.

As for him not wanting to report to AZ, recently.  I think there is a lot of speculation here.  These types of trades don't happen overnight.  So if this has been in the pipes for the last few days, which his comeback plan was just announced beginning of this week, I can see why he wouldn't want to report to AZ if they were working on a trade.  

as long as your faith allows you pass judgement on how Christians should always behave, without faltering, i guess you can continue sit in judgement of on how a perfect Christian should act.

as most here know,  i have  never trumpeted my faith because it's something that is very personal to me. however,  i realize that many others choose a different path and I'm perfectly fine with that

You're missing the point. Please show me where I said that I could pass judgment on how every other Christian should behave, or defined perfect. Right. I never did, especially since different denominations have very different values and principles. My denomination is extremely politically and socially liberal; some of our clergy wouldn't even be welcome in some other denominations. But do you think there's a single Christian pastor, priest, reverend or officiant out there who would think that Hamilton's actions are awesome?

If you are a celebrity, the moment you make your religion a central part of your public face, you've become a representative of it. It's that simple, and it holds whether someone is Christian, Jewish, Muslim or whatever. You're an example to others, and however you act WILL reflect poorly.

If you like the way people like Hamilton publicly represent your faith, that's fine. I don't. I'm tired of professed Christians acting like assholes and reflecting poorly on the rest of us. We'll have to agree to disagree on this one.

Edited by AngelsSurfer