• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

T.V. announcers

I think he's the best commentator on the Angels, but Terry drives me nuts. You never know if what he's getting excited about is for the play against, or for the Angels. The unpredictable suspense KILLS me. You never know if it's gonna be caught or if it's gone. So glad Langston wants to be around, I enjoy his honesty, and hope he keeps it that way.

I said bye to Gubi day 1. Rojas is so standard. Would be super fun to listen to Rojas with Rex.

LOL and then imagine Mota with Rex. Hilarity ensues forever. Best. Baseball Commentators. Ever.

I want Rex back!

Trout, Street, Pujols and Rex till their career ends BOI!

Here's an interesting thing.   Calhoun breaks his bat, and Victor and Gubi reference the Beltre bat breaks last night, and chuckle.  Gubi says, "we had a great conversation in the dugout with Richards before the game."

We all know the story now.   It's pretty funny. 

How about instead of telling us "hey there was a funny story about broken bats," why not tell the story. 

If you're the color guy, be colorful and share those tidbits.  This is my problem with Gubi.   Share some good stuff.   

I'm surprised Victor didn't tell the story.

This is where I feel like Salmon outshines Gubi.   He has stories.   We don't need any insight (although I do like the pitcher perspective.)  Give us something entertaining while we suffer through another night where our offense is lagging.

I don't think Gubi is a bad guy.  He's a horrible color announcer.  More often than not, I'll just mute the damn thing because of Gubi.

I don't think Gubi is a bad guy. He's a horrible color announcer. More often than not, I'll just mute the damn thing because of Gubi.

Not a bad guy. I've actually had dinner/drinks with him. And I'm pretty sure he used to be on the radio on 690 or something like ten years ago, either with his own show or as a regular guest. I think it was late night. Insightful on pitching. Just not bringing me what I like.

Well. that isn't going away.   It will only get worse.  TV/Radio/Internet 

This first pitch brought to you by…

The call to the bull pen brought to you by...

This trip to the mound brought to you by...

This first strike of the game brought to you by...

This grab of the crotch brought to you by...

Do TVs have tubes anymore? Also, its kinda crazy how opinionated people are about the announcers. I just turn the volume down, not off, because they may be talking about information on TV other than what I can see with my own two eyes. My need for them to be insightful about what I see on the field ended probably about 20 years ago. Now if they can tell me why someone isn't coming into the game because they aren't available then that is helpful. I had the luxury of watching baseball on TV with a few real bright baseball guys growing up that taught me how to watch what the pitcher is doing. I can see how the infield shifts from the camera angle. I actually don't look for much from Gubi, but I do like the back and forth between the two. I have mentioned this time and again, but I think a good idea would be to have a rotation of color men one for when we are up to bat and one for when we are on the field. That way you get it from the offensive approach and pitchers approach.

Do TVs have tubes anymore? Also, its kinda crazy how opinionated people are about the announcers. I just turn the volume down, not off, because they may be talking about information on TV other than what I can see with my own two eyes. My need for them to be insightful about what I see on the field ended probably about 20 years ago. Now if they can tell me why someone isn't coming into the game because they aren't available then that is helpful. I had the luxury of watching baseball on TV with a few real bright baseball guys growing up that taught me how to watch what the pitcher is doing. I can see how the infield shifts from the camera angle. I actually don't look for much from Gubi, but I do like the back and forth between the two. I have mentioned this time and again, but I think a good idea would be to have a rotation of color men one for when we are up to bat and one for when we are on the field. That way you get it from the offensive approach and pitchers approach.

Not since the 70s.  And yea I don't get the complaining.  Outside of the White Sox, Royals, Yankees and Red Sox I don't have any issues with announcers.  I prefer ours because of the character and quality they bring.

I think the Mets have the best in the business though.