• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Interesting 3rd amendment issue

Sure there is, it just takes people to actually give a **** and make it clear that we, as citizens, are tired of this shit. Not just black people, but all people. Part of this whole black people vs. police topic in the media is really revealing how ****ed up our police are. Say what you will about the Michael Brown case, but at least it exposed that police department. There is a huge problem when so many departments funding comes from fines, and departments encourage/reward their force for issuing the most fines. Not to mention the bullshit that is civil forfeiture. I would like to think/hope that the media exposure will lead to reform in some way. This is the type of power the country is supposed to be against after all.

imo, the government plays the race card very effectively when dealing with police overreach.

they turn the brutality issue into a black v. white issue to disguise the fact that the police are a profit gathering and military social control device. as long as the brutality and militarization issue stay clouded via endlessly arguing about race relations, nothing will ever be done about the real issue- the increasing infringement on the peasants ever shrinking constitutional rights.

one thing thats really great about our wired world is the fact that almost everybody has a camera that they carry with them everywhere.

police brutality, overeach and violence has been going on for a long, long time- now its becoming mainstream knowledge through cell phone cameras. and it aint pretty.

• 2 weeks later...

That's not by any means the only problem that we have with the police. It is the most egregious, obviously, when lives are lost due to the militarization of the police (and the attitude that many police officers have always had).

Another problem that should piss off a lot of people is that the cops are also being used as a revenue stream for municipalities. Our local NBC affiliate in Denver just did a series called "Citation Nation" where they called out four cities in Colorado that get at least half of their incomes from the issuance of tickets.There are a lot that get a significant percentage of their revenue, but these four were horrendously bad.

http://www.9news.com/story/news/local/investigations/2015/04/29/interactive-map-traffic-tickets/26579077/

This is another example of what I consider to be law enforcement overreach.

This is the first I've heard of this case; I'm really shocked that the judge would rule in favor of the Department, especially in such a "minor" case of a domestic disturbance.

Hopefully this silly ruling will lead to more discussion on updating the wording of the Amendment.

I don't see a difference between the Police or military occupying a third-party house like this.  Stay in your tanks, and out of our houses.

Another problem that should piss off a lot of people is that the cops are also being used as a revenue stream for municipalities. Our local NBC affiliate in Denver just did a series called "Citation Nation" where they called out four cities in Colorado that get at least half of their incomes from the issuance of tickets.There are a lot that get a significant percentage of their revenue, but these four were horrendously bad.

I noticed an abnormally high number of Nevada Highway Patrol and Las Vegas MPD cars with vehicles pulled over this past weekend. Word on the street is it's revenue push time.