• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

ANGEL STADIUM EMPLOYEES TOLD TO WORK DURING NATIONAL ANTHEM

gotbeer

I was raised on the values of this country, by two parents who served in the military.  This country decided long ago to show appreciation to Vets, and honor the integrity of this great nation by playing the National Anthem at these events.  I honor friends, family, and those who've sacrificed by taking a minute or two to silently recognize them and the place this Nation holds in the world as a leader and protector.  I am a student of our history, so I recognize the weight of the words sung.

I was taught that if you can hear the Anthem, you stop in your tracks (as safely and reasonably as possible), remove your hat, and remain silent until completion.  If I see somebody not removing their hat, or otherwise disrespecting the Anthem, I will kindly (but sometimes, loudly) ask them to correct themselves.  But, that is the extent of my getting annoyed because I also recognize the right of ignorant morons to be disrespectful of those who constantly pay for that freedom.

Can you tell me which armed conflict that the United States was involved in after World War 2 that directly impacted our freedom (in a positive way)? Which war since then involved soldiers "paying" for American freedom?

I was raised on the values of this country, by two parents who served in the military.  This country decided long ago to show appreciation to Vets, and honor the integrity of this great nation by playing the National Anthem at these events.  I honor friends, family, and those who've sacrificed by taking a minute or two to silently recognize them and the place this Nation holds in the world as a leader and protector.  I am a student of our history, so I recognize the weight of the words sung.

I was taught that if you can hear the Anthem, you stop in your tracks (as safely and reasonably as possible), remove your hat, and remain silent until completion.  If I see somebody not removing their hat, or otherwise disrespecting the Anthem, I will kindly (but sometimes, loudly) ask them to correct themselves.  But, that is the extent of my getting annoyed because I also recognize the right of ignorant morons to be disrespectful of those who constantly pay for that freedom.

I can appreciate your viewpoint but just because someone doesn't stand or remove their hat doesn't mean they don't respect the flag nor the sacrifices made. And the reality is that you can do good things for your country without having to serve. I'm all good with your desire for people to address the flag as you do but I don't get the need to tell another person to remove their hat.

Now back to silly AW-style ribbing....Do you stand at home every time when the song is played?

not sure about this one --- I mean, I usually side with Arte on most things -- I can't believe this policy was run by him because there's NO WAY he would approve of this.

I mean Arte and folks do realize that (at least for time being) the Angels play home games in ANAHEIM as in ORANGE COUNTY USA ?

perhaps some of this may be related to the new transportation hub down there with the Metro link and train station????

otherwise, this directive makes no sense and not one you want to roll out in April when baseball is new again, every time (theoretically) has a chance --- there's never a good time to began/announce a policy like this but at the start of the season is just terrible........perhaps they could have waited until mid-June (6/14 is Flag Day).??? 

Nah.

Watch Halos PR team save this debacle by having Arte ride to the rescue, some how blame the proposal on outside interests and have Arte 'rescue the flag' very publicly - not quite Rick Monday like but the verbal equivalence........

God Bless America -- thanks for the post Nate........all is right with the world again. Well, at least on this issue.

GEEZ -- you know, I even stop what I'm doing and take off my cap when I'm WATCHING THE GAME ON TV and they show the anthem being played (most times, they don't even show it) or God Bless American after the 7th inning.......

Can you tell me which armed conflict that the United States was involved in after World War 2 that directly impacted our freedom (in a positive way)? Which war since then involved soldiers "paying" for American freedom?

I think the same thing when I hear how our freedoms are bought with the lives of the military. We need a military to maintain the freedoms but the lives lost have been unnecessary for decades.

My father served in World War II and the Korean War. My uncle was a B-24 copilot flying bombing raids over Nazi Germany. It doesn't bother me one bit to pause when the national anthem is played. I have also been to sporting events in Canada and the UK, and it is common practice for things to stop when the national anthem is played there as well.

My Grandfather was a B-24 pilot who flew bombing raids over Nazi Germany.

I never met him, but i heard some crazy stories about him and the war.

CC0v8VJUIAARrO9.jpg

This looks made up.

The original article was kind of sketchy as well.

I don't know what to believe. Guess we'll find out after tonight.

I like how the Ushers don't let anyone into the field area while they're singing the National Anthem, and I didn't quite mind that the ticket takers and escalator monitors stopping for 90 seconds to respect the anthem as well. I liked how for the most part, everyone just "stopped" for a little bit to listen, and the silence at the park with nothing but the person singing was something I enjoyed. But I understand if they want to change things up on the outside of the field area, just to get people into the park.

This looks made up.

I like how the Ushers don't let anyone into the field area while they're singing the National Anthem, and I didn't quite mind that the ticket takers and escalator monitors stopping for 90 seconds to respect the anthem as well. I liked how for the most part, everyone just "stopped" for a little bit to listen, and the silence at the park with nothing but the person singing was something I enjoyed. But I understand if they want to change things up on the outside of the field area, just to get people into the park.

One problem that I've seen a couple of times is the escalator monitor at the bottom goes Manchurian the second the song starts. Then fans stop right in front of escalator creating a pile up of people being forced off. The bottom escalator monitor needs to make sure everyone moves away from the escalator exit and gets off safely instead of going comatose. 

This looks made up.

I got this from the Angels official Twitter.

https://twitter.com/Angels/status/589179844509847552