• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

State bans cash sales on second hand goods

https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20111019/17424316421/louisiana-makes-it-illegal-to-use-cash-secondhand-sales.shtml

Louisiana

This includes garage sales.  Remarkably, the one group that doesn't have to follow this are pawn shops.

I swear this country is so damn stupid. 

Edited by mtangelsfan

"I do wonder if that's even legal. Our cash clearly says that "This note is legal tender for all debts, public and private." While businesses may have the right to refuse cash, can a government outlaw the use of cash? That seems pretty extreme. "

absolutely.

we've entered a very frightening era. from federal agencies tracking our phone calls and emails to the suggestion of embedding RSA chips in people to state lawmakers wanting to put boxes in our cars that track where we drive to now putting a ban on using cash. why does our gov't feel the need to invasively know our every move? oh, that's right - terrorism.

we are doomed.

Article doesn't say but I guarantee he's a dem

Correct.

http://ballotpedia.org/Rickey_Hardy

On a side note, how ****ing stupid is it that if some dude wants to sell his microwave or Pokemon collection on Craigslist for $20 he has to accept a check. How do they even enforce that?

My only problem with this bill is that someone had to actually come up with it and put it in motion to waste everyone's time and money. 

Correct.

http://ballotpedia.org/Rickey_Hardy

On a side note, how ****ing stupid is it that if some dude wants to sell his microwave or Pokemon collection on Craigslist for $20 he has to accept a check. How do they even enforce that?

My only problem with this bill is that someone had to actually come up with it and put it in motion to waste everyone's time and money. 

That has to be some sort of civil rights violation.  What if a person doesn't have a checking account?  Or even a bank account?  They can't buy used clothes or a blanket?

Probably not enforced.

All this does again, is put the hammer down on the poor and middle class, both buyers and sellers.  Be forced to take checks that can bounce.

This is also an information power grab.  They want that buyer/seller information.

I agree, they want every move we make recorded.