• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Around the League Gameday Thread

Chuck

I think its Hou losing that needs to be the battle cry now. Rangers are so hot that they probably aren't going to be the ones to catch.

Cubs-Pirates 0-0 in the 3rd..basically playing for home field these next 2 games.

If Cubs can't win these two, they will likely play the WC card game a week from wed in Pittsburgh.

Pittsburgh could become a team that has won 90+ games 3 years in a row, only to lose in a 1 game playoff each time.

Seems pretty unfair.

Joe Maddon drove his 76 Dodge Van The "Cal State Fullerton" to Wrigley this morning.

Gotta love Joe.

Wild card should be a best of three, with all three games at the home park of the top seeded team. Then make the division series best of 7. Problem solved.

That would mean either shortening the season (which would be my choice,the WS being played in November is just stupid ) or starting earlier..

Both things that MLB is so far, loathe to even consider.

Add one planned doubleheader in April, May, June and July. No need to change opening day or the end of the season. On an unrelated note I'd also be in favor of shortening spring training a bit.

Planned doubleheaders would be fine with me...but MLB's excuse for not doing that is the pinch it puts on make-up games during the season. I have always thought that an earlier start to the season could work if the early games were scheduled in warm weather areas and cities with indoor/roofed stadiums. 

Rangers crappy decision making basically handed this game to Houston.  If it weren't for the fact that they still haven't technically wrapped up the division, I'd seriously question whether or not the Rangers were actually trying to give the Astros a leg up in the Wild Card race.  The game is tied at 4 in the 6th, the Rangers have a deep bullpen with many potential weapons and they choose to go with Chi Chi effing Gonzalez, their weakest arm. 

So of course he coughs up a couple runs, then with a lefty Rasmus at the plate, they bring their worst reliever against lefties who throws a BP fastball and gives up a HR on the first pitch.  

I freakin' HATE Texas.  That whole state sucks. 

The F'n Rangers are losing big now, Astros lead 8-4 in the 7th. The Angels absolutely needed one of those two teams to sweep each other. That is likely not going to happen.

I told myself I would not let myself get buttercupped again unless the Angels swept the Astros or the Rangers. At the rate we're going even a four game sweep of the Rangers might be too little, too late :(

Rangers crappy decision making basically handed this game to Houston. If it weren't for the fact that they still haven't technically wrapped up the division, I'd seriously question whether or not the Rangers were actually trying to give the Astros a leg up in the Wild Card race. The game is tied at 4 in the 6th, the Rangers have a deep bullpen with many potential weapons and they choose to go with Chi Chi effing Gonzalez, their weakest arm.

So of course he coughs up a couple runs, then with a lefty Rasmus at the plate, they bring their worst reliever against lefties who throws a BP fastball and gives up a HR on the first pitch.

I freakin' HATE Texas. That whole state sucks.

The Rangers could very well fear the Angels more than the Astros in a hypothetical ALCS matchup. Although assuming that both the Rangers and the wild card team will make it to the ALCS is a bit presumptuous.

Teams have intentionally split series (e.g. by rearranging their rotation to have their crappiest guys play against a wild card eligible team) before to thwart the advance of a particular team in the wild card race.

Edited by ScottLux

I freakin' HATE Texas. That whole state sucks.

I kinda like Austin, TX (sometimes called a blueberry in the tomato soup). Though I work in an office in California, my paychecks come from Fort Worth, TX.

Houston's little league stadium is ridiculous

Next year they are getting rid of the stupid hill, which has nearly caused some nasty injuries to outfielders who are understandably not used to sprinting up steep inclines during games.

But the gimmicky ultra short left field fence, and unneccsary sharp bends in the outfield walls are incredibly lame. It's not like Boston where they had to build the stadium around pre-existing roads, they just did all that crap as a gimmick.

Also, Texas changed the aerodynamics of their stadium a bit to eliminate the extreme jet stream effect that used to carry weak popups over the center field wall. So those stadiums are gradually becoming less idiotic, but there's still work to be done.