• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Around the League Gameday Thread

Chuck

Baltimore swept Washington, and is suddenly just 3.5 back of the Astros and has gone 11-4 since seemingly being out of it.

Nevertheless, rumors out of Baltimore say that Showalter and Duquette can't get along.

Cleveland is still only 4 in back of the Astros.

FIVE teams are within 4 games of each other for the 2nd WC spot.

Cubs can clinch the WC with a win today. They play Pit at Wrigley.

Lester starts, and the Cubs have a 10-6 lead in the season series.

This weekend in Chicago will determine the HFA for the WC game, but it might not matter where it takes place, because Arrietta wll be pitching for the Cubbies wherever they play. The game is on MLB network @11:20.

Meaningful, post season-like games are fun to watch, even more fun when they are at Wrigley. 

Maybe, but they were young and unproven talent. Takes a good manager to put players in spots where they can succeed.

Some of the "talent" you speak of wasn't all that "talented" before they had effective leadership.

This is basically the same "talent" that lost 90- 100 games the last couple seasons.

The only big FA acquisition was Lester...they could have signed many others, but declined.  

Edited by Homebrewer

Oh I agree HB, that it does take a very good manager to get young players to develop and Maddon is a great manager in my opinion. That being said, the ceiling for his players is incredibly high. If I had to pick their players over our players, there are only two Angels I would pick ahead of the same position as the players they have playing, and that would obviously be Trout and Calhoun. I would take the rest of their players ahead of ours. Maybe I would take Street over their closer. But the rest it really isn't even close and that is simply because they are more talented, athletic and have much more upside.

I doubt the Angels could have done what the Cubs have done, if they had the same level of talent.

The developmental and coaching staffs of the two clubs seem to be as far apart as the talent levels.

Ok. I doubt Maddon would have done any better with the lack of talent the Angels possess. Maddon is great, but it isn't like he took a team devoid of talent and created something out of nothing. Also, the Cubs have sucked for years, so once again it is about building a minor league system because of how bad they have been and the high draft choices, as well as trading two very good pitchers last year and getting Kris Bryant.

I think its Hou losing that needs to be the battle cry now. Rangers are so hot that they probably aren't going to be the ones to catch.

Cubs-Pirates 0-0 in the 3rd..basically playing for home field these next 2 games.

If Cubs can't win these two, they will likely play the WC card game a week from wed in Pittsburgh.

Pittsburgh could become a team that has won 90+ games 3 years in a row, only to lose in a 1 game playoff each time.

Seems pretty unfair.   

Joe Maddon drove his 76 Dodge Van The "Cal State Fullerton" to Wrigley this morning.

Gotta love Joe.