• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Around the League Gameday Thread

Chuck

Pat Corbin is back and pitching well again after 16 months recovery from TJ surgery.

Past 5 starts for Arizona:  31.1 innings, 25/2 Ks/BBs ratio, 1.44 ERA 

Overall in 14 starts = 75.1 innings, 70/13 Ks/BBs ratio, 1.18 WHIP, 2.99 ERA  

Hoping for Skaggs to recover well enough in 2016.   It's now been almost 14 months for Skaggs. 

Edited by Angel Oracle

I watched a good part of the Yankees-Blue Jays game tonight. Toronto pitcher Marcus Stroman wore #6. I can't remember the last time I saw a pitcher with a single digit number. The three-run homer by Russell Martin in the bottom of the seventh may have been the final dagger in the Yankees' chances of winning the AL East.

Nice to know that good things spread. During the top of the eighth, the Toronto crowd loudly and proudly chanted "Yankees suck!"

Texas keeps rolling along and crushes the A's 10-3. Beltre and Andrus both with 3-run blasts.

Hopefully they can continue this against Houston.

Ideally they sweep Houston then clinch the divisio while KC clinches best record in baseball all before the Angels arrive in Texas. The Rangers may then be resting some of their best guys and would likely be fairly indifferent to who gets into a second wild card, as the first time the teams could face each other is in the ALCS anyway.

Joe Blanton won tonight for the Pirates, who clinched a playoff spot.

He's 4-0 with a 1.88 ERA.

Sometimes I hate baseball...

Unbelievable.

I don't usually say this, but I think he's juicing.

I watched a good part of the Yankees-Blue Jays game tonight. Toronto pitcher Marcus Stroman wore #6. I can't remember the last time I saw a pitcher with a single digit number. The three-run homer by Russell Martin in the bottom of the seventh may have been the final dagger in the Yankees' chances of winning the AL East.

Nice to know that good things spread. During the top of the eighth, the Toronto crowd loudly and proudly chanted "Yankees suck!"

Former Halo Jeff Juden wore number 7 in the late 1990s in the brief time he was here.

Former Halo Jeff Juden wore number 7 in the late 1990s in the brief time he was here. >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Reading some baseball history lately, I am reminded that back in the day, there were few teams that assigned numbers, and when they began doing it,  they often numbered regular players with their position numbers or batting order numbers.
There are few players with low numbers anymore, because many of those low numbers have been retired.

Edited by Homebrewer

<<<<<<<No excuse if we don't sweep Oakland next week at the Big A.>>>>>

Ouch..just reading that makes my stomach squirm a little.
It's that kind of team that historically, we seem to struggle against.
Lets hope they don't bring up an unknown/obscure kid for his first major league start, or we'll really be screwed.