• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Around the League Gameday Thread

Chuck

I'm kinda thinking Cubs-KC, but barring injury, the Cubs are going to give everyone a real fight. Cubbies are peaking at the right time and they believe.

Thy also play smart baseball, they remind me a lot of the 2002 Angels in a chemistry sort of way.

Joe Maddon's imprint is there.

""Im gonna laugh so hard when they dont even make the divisional series and lose the wild card game.""

Enjoying the pain of others?

Can't understand why anyone would hate the Cubbies, especially an AL fan.

But, whatever.

Edited by Homebrewer

""Im gonna laugh so hard when they dont even make the divisional series and lose the wild card game.""

Enjoying the pain of others?

Can't understand why anyone would hate the Cubbies, especially an AL fan.

But, whatever.

I absolutely despise Cubs fans.  To me they will always be a bunch of tools for what they did to that poor Steve Bartman.  Those idiots blamed a guy in the stands and not the pitcher for giving up 5 runs or the shortstop who booted a tailor made double play.  Bunch of little cry babies if you asked me.  

It's very much like someone despising all Angel fans for the thundersticks in 02...

I'm not going to argue the Bartman thing, mainly because I feel much the same as you do about it (and I'm a Cub fan). 

Every other serious, lifelong, Cub fan I know (and I know a LOT of em) feel that way too.

On top of that..

Gonzalez should have made the play on the DP ball. Dumbsty Baker should have gone out and had a meeting at the mound, which he never did, and I met Moises Alou once, in a bar, and without going into detail, I thought he was an aloof, entitled, jerk. 

But to "despise" an entire fan base over one incident is tunnel vision..imo.

Baseball is an emotional game for the fans, and in turn it can be devastating to those who appear to determine, rightly or wrongly, a bad out-come in an important game.

"Billy Bucks" was a guy who HOFer Ryne Sandberg called his mentor and "The best pure hitter I ever saw"

The Angels had the very sad Donnie Moore incident.

Those are two I can come up with off the top of my head.

There are others..it happens.

It's very much like someone despising all Angel fans for the thundersticks in 02...

I'm not going to argue the Bartman thing, mainly because I feel much the same as you do about it (and I'm a Cub fan). 

Every other serious, lifelong, Cub fan I know (and I know a LOT of em) feel that way too.

On top of that..

Gonzalez should have made the play on the DP ball. Dumbsty Baker should have gone out and had a meeting at the mound, which he never did, and I met Moises Alou once, in a bar, and without going into detail, I thought he was an aloof, entitled, jerk. 

But to "despise" an entire fan base over one incident is tunnel vision..imo.

There you go.  Thats the response I was looking for.  

Well if it makes you feel better the Cubs are a long ways down on my list of hated teams.  Btw thundersticks still exist today at the rare event that is Angel playoff games.