• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Random Links Thread

57 minutes ago, Blarg said:

I'm surprised one of shops in the TV fleet hasn't gone down and lost some crew members. They just keep tempting fate every season. 

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/deadliest-catch-family-joins-in-mourning-the-loss-of-bering-sea-brothers-aboard-the-fv-destination-211009567.html

They have come close.  I think in season 1, one of the boats was hit by a rogue wave, and tipped on it's side.  Luckily the boat righted itself.  Only bad thing about it, was it was one of the first few seasons, so the only cameras they really had were hand held. 

Now, researchers at Harvard have developed a new battery technology using a bit of chemistry magic to create a rechargeable power source that could be tapped for many years with very little in the way of maintenance.

The newly developed power technology is used in what is called a "flow battery." Flow batteries utilize the ion exchange between two liquids to provide electric current. It's a flexible, adaptable system that is used in many applications, but can be prone to degradation over time and require regular maintenance.

The research team set out to tweak the structures of the electrolytes used in these types of batteries and were successful in making them water soluble. This means that the batteries can be filled with neutral water, along with the tweaked electrolytes, rather than a corrosive or toxic substance, and the resulting batteries are not only safer but also cheaper to manufacture.

0221-tillman-williams.jpg?tl=1&ve=1

Louisiana woman hailed as a hero for stopping man from beating police officer

Authorities said a Louisiana woman “made a big difference” Sunday when she jumped on a suspect’s back to save a police officer from a brutal beatdown.

Vickie Williams-Tillman, 56, was being hailed as a hero,  reported. Williams-Tillman was driving to a store, listening to gospel music on her radio, when she spotted the Baton Rouge officer and the suspect.

Baton Rouge police spokesman Sgt. L’Jean McKneely said the suspect grabbed the officer’s baton and repeatedly bashed him on the head with it, and also tried to grab the officer’s gun.

"I could see in his eyes he needed help," Williams-Tillman told The Advocate. "You don't have time to think about it … I did what God needed me to do."

The officer and Williams-Tillman embraced in a hug after they were both treated at the hospital.

caretaker-charged-ap.jpg?tl=1&ve=1

Caretaker filmed performing sexual dance on 100-year-old man

A caretaker at an assisted living center who police say was filmed performing a sexually provocative dance on a 100-year-old resident was doing it as a prank and trying to make the man feel good, her attorney said.

Brittany Fultz, 26, pleaded not guilty to gross sexual imposition Tuesday. Police said she showed her breasts and buttocks while she danced in front of and on the man in December.

Investigators said the man has dementia, but Fultz's attorney said the resident could have told her to stop but didn't.

"The man knew exactly what was going on and had no problem whatsoever with it," defense attorney Geoffrey Oglesby said Wednesday.

“I got two boxes and I opened one and it had food in it and I realized there wasn’t food in the other one,” Cox told ABC News this week. “It was a bunch of trash, tissues [and] soda cans.”

Feeling gypped, the Maryland native quickly called his mom and asked her to explain.
“Did you send me the wrong package? Why did you send me this?'” Cox recalled saying to her. “[She said,] ‘No, that’s the trash you were supposed to take out.'”

On February 23, 2017 at 4:15 AM, Redondo said:

“I got two boxes and I opened one and it had food in it and I realized there wasn’t food in the other one,” Cox told ABC News this week. “It was a bunch of trash, tissues [and] soda cans.”

Feeling gypped, the Maryland native quickly called his mom and asked her to explain.
“Did you send me the wrong package? Why did you send me this?'” Cox recalled saying to her. “[She said,] ‘No, that’s the trash you were supposed to take out.'”

This reminds me of a buddy of mine in HS. We're all sitting around eating our lunches, when I notice him look inside his sandwich, slowly close it and put it back in the bag. Then he starts asking us if we have anything for him to eat. I asked him what was wrong with his sandwich, to which he replied:" nothing. I just don't want to eat it"

i knew this was bullshit so I pressed him on it. Finally he says:" well, this morning I got in an argument with my mom and I called her an asshole" ( his folks had him later in life so she was about 60 yrs old and the sweetest lady)  He then takes out his sandwich - 2 pieces of bread with a piece of paper in between that said:" this i is the type of sandwich an asshole makes"

needless to say, we didn't give him any food 

On 2/23/2017 at 4:15 AM, Redondo said:

I remember in college.  One day I get a care package.  One of those big costco sized bags filled with fortune cookies.  So it was a big hit around the dorm, because well, college. 

So one of the guys in the dorm tells his parents, why don't they send anything.  So in about a week, he gets a package.  A box full of cooked shrimp. 

Foam body armor blocks bullets

Foam body armor blocks bullets

Foam body armor? Even armor-piercing bullets cannot get through this foam.

And the foam doesn’t just stop bullets. It destroys them…this foam decimates bullets into dust.

North Carolina State University Professor Afsaneh Rabiei led the team that created the amazing foam.

This is not ordinary foam like the kind used for shaving, for example. This is a special type of foam called composite metal foams, or CMF.

The military and law enforcement could use this kind of foam for advanced, ultra light body armor to protect personnel.

omron_tcm25-463586.jpg?tl=1&ve=1

Incredible ping pong-playing robot earns Guinness World Record

Guinness World Records has recognized a robot with a unique ability: a machine called FORPHEUS is officially the “first robot table tennis tutor.”

The contraption, which holds a ping pong paddle and can play against and even teach a human, taps artificial intelligence to determine the ability of its opponent. It uses two vision sensors to keep a robotic eye on the ball, as well as a movement sensor that focuses on the human player’s movement.

Cameras over the table keep track of the ball’s position at a rate of 80 times a second.

“At the moment it is a human who teaches a robot how to behave or teach,” Taku added in the video, “but in the next 20 years it may be possible that a robot teaches a robot or a robot develops a robot.”

Sounds like "The Terminator" is just around the corner.

Josue Ortiz

Florida homeowner uses jiu-jitsu to stop burglar

That’s when Burch said he stopped Ortiz with jiu-jitsu, which he studied for over 2 years.

A neighbor who saw the scuffle called police as Burch held Ortiz down.

Once police arrived, they found several of Burch’s tools inside Ortiz’s car.

“They told him he got exactly what he deserved,” Burch told WBBH. “He had a broken nose.”

Ortiz’s broken nose and black eye were on full display in his mugshot after he was arrested and charged with grand theft and burglary.