• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Random Links Thread

Officials caught and euthanized the 15.6-foot-long female snake in the Everglades on June 3, 2013.

3 deer found in python

A Burmese python in the Everglades with a penchant for venison gulped down three whole deer — one doe and two fawns — before wildlife officials captured and euthanized it, a new study reveals.

The gustatory feat sets a record: It's the first invasive Burmese python (Python molurus bivittatus) caught with three deer in its gut, said study co-lead author Scott Boback, an associate professor of biology at Dickinson College in Pennsylvania.

The python probably attacked and ate the deer at different times over a 90-day period, Boback said. That time span may seem long, but it's actually quite surprising that a snake would eat three enormous meals in a relatively short window, Boback told Live Science. [Photos: This Invasive Python Ate Three Wild Deer]

"If a python is capable of eating three deer in three months," what else are they eating that we don't know about, he asked. "We don't even know how many of them are out there [in the Everglades]."

Fire tears through Oakland dance party, killing at least 9

They are saying as many as 40 dead.  But haven't updated it since the official 9.

Officials said people either escaped from the cluttered building or died inside, where the only way down from the second story was via a stairwell constructed entirely of wooden pallets.

doping-muscles.jpg?tl=1&ve=1

Bodybuilder injects coconut oil, damages arm muscle

The 25-year-old-man first went to the doctor because his arm hurt and he had had trouble moving it for several months. He told the doctor that he had taken up bodybuilding four years earlier, and that he went to the gym three times a week.

An ultrasound revealed a rupture in the tendon that connects the triceps muscle (in the upper arm) to the bone near the elbow. This type of injury is rare in young people, the report said. The ultrasound also showed multiple cysts inside his arm muscle.

From these findings, the man's doctors suspected that he might be injecting substances into his arm. When he was asked about this, the patient admitted that he had injected coconut oil into his arm muscles to increase their size and definition.

Although anabolic steroids are perhaps the most well-known substances that bodybuilders inject to bulk up muscle, they also sometimes inject other substances, including natural oils — like sesame oil, walnut oil and paraffin — to make their muscles appear to be larger, the report said. Natural oils are less expensive than anabolic steroids , which may make them an attractive option, particularly for amateur bodybuilders, the report said.

A small Washington state city spent more than $100,000 on three “windmill-like turbines” – but any hopes for big savings appear to be blowing in the wind.

The Peninsula Daily News reported that the Port Angeles turbines, which haven’t yet been turned on, are expected to generate $1.39 per day in electricity, or roughly $42 per month.

The turbines were meant to help illuminate a local park. Now, some city council members are having second thoughts about their unanimous approval for the project.

The offbeat food truck Keuken van het Ongewenst Dier, which translates to "The Unwanted Animal Kitchen," now supplies its "My Little Pony Burger" year round to Babbe Hengeveld, a chef who runs her own restaurant Food Guerilla, reports Vice Munchies. 

Keuken van het Ongewenst Die has been serving the burger periodically for years and the patty itself is made from the meat of butchered, aging horses that have worked at a local amusement park, Slagharen.

The idea behind the unusual protein is to ensure that the meat from older horses isn’t wasted when the animals are put down.

The menu at Keuken van het Ongewenst Dier is dependent on seasonal food waste so items fluctuate based on the incoming meats and available ingredients. But there's usually plenty of horse meat to keep the "My Little Pony" burgers on the menu. 

Hengeveld says she thinks horse is a tasty, protein rich meat but admits the horse burger is not one of the menu’s bestsellers.

“They don’t sell well because people do feel bad about the idea of eating horse,” Hengeveld told Vice. For some, horses will always be seen as pets in the same way dogs are. Cows and chickens, in many Western cultures, aren't kept as pets so they're okay for food. 

“I just need to throw away the meat sometimes. For people to understand, you really have to explain to them clearly about the unwanted ponies and horse meat. When I’m cooking in the kitchen, I don’t always have time for this.”

19 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

@Tank You might be interested in these.  I'm probably going to buy them to see just how good they are.  A 4 piece ball, at that price is dirt cheap. 

Costco Tight-Lipped About Its Mysterious Golf Balls

i was hoping this might be one of those crazy golf balls that is out of balance and doesn't roll straight. i was going to let adam use it to putt the next time we play.

5 minutes ago, Tank said:

i was hoping this might be one of those crazy golf balls that is out of balance and doesn't roll straight. i was going to let adam use it to putt the next time we play.

Nope.  not gag balls.  From the few reviews I have read, they seem to be legit golf balls.  In the Pro V1 range.  And no way am I paying $40-50 for a dozen of those balls.