• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Random Links Thread

tarantula-82b.jpg?tl=1&ve=1

Tarantula in kitchen frightens California family

A Scripps Ranch, Calif., family got quite a surprise when they found a tarantula on their kitchen cabinet Tuesday night.

“All I wanted was a snack," said 19-year-old Hannah Dafferner, who first came across the spider. “It didn’t move at first. I thought my sister put a Halloween decoration there or something. Then it moved its leg. I screamed bloody murder."

It was no decoration, but the real deal. A three-to-four-inch male tarantula was hanging out on the side of the family's kitchen cabinet.

After a lot of screaming, dad came to the rescue by using a pitcher to capture the spider.

Everett Lee Compton faces multiple counts of bestiality, animal cruelty and criminal trespassing.

An Arkansas man is accused of having sex with a family's pet donkey on multiple occasions, authorities say.

Everett Lee Compton, 49, faces charges of bestiality, criminal trespassing and cruelty to animals following his arrest in Siloam Springs on July 16.

Investigators say the donkey's owners, Emert and Joyce Whitaker, told officers that they'd had issues with trespassers harassing their pet donkeys over the past three years. 

The problem got so bad that Emert Whitaker posted several "No Trespassing" and "Do Not Feed Animals" signs around the property. He also placed a game camera in a field south of his house where the female donkeys are kept.

According to court documents, the camera captured images of a man coming onto the Whitakers' property early on May 27 and June 4. The pictures show the man placing a bag over a donkey's head, then getting behind the donkey and placing his pelvis against the rear of the animal.

More images were captured early on July 5 and July 6. These showed the same man feeding the donkeys from bags that appeared to be bread bags before approaching the animals from behind and placing his pelvis against them.

According to an incident report seen by KHBS, an officer arrived at the Whitaker's property and found Compton hiding in the bushes. Compton initially claimed he was feeding the donkeys some carrots and denied having sex with the animals.

When told about the surveillance footage, Compton allegedly said he smoked a lot of marijuana and claimed the drug made him do "sick things." He also promised the officer that he would get help if he was not charged.

screen-shot-2017-08-05-at-12-27-50-pm.pn

Iowa man tries to deposit million-dollar bill, gets arrested for drugs

An Iowa man was arrested after police allegedly found him carrying meth as he tried to deposit a million-dollar bill into his bank account.

Dennis Strickland, 33, attempted to deposit the bill, which he said was worth $1 million, into his bank account in Sioux City on Thursday.

Law enforcement was quickly dispatched to the bank, KELO reported.

Officers said they heard paper rustling in Strickland’s pocket when they were questioning him about the suspicious deposit, and asked him if he had other bills. The man allegedly pulled out a bag of methamphetamine, KELO reported.

16 hours ago, gotbeer said:

It gets even weirder.

‘Kidnapped’ model says she escaped by promising intimacy with captor

So you get kidnapped to be a sex slave.  But you escaped because you promised to be more intimate with the captor.  I don't know.  Maybe I'm off, but if you are kidnapped to be a sex slave, then I would think that the captors would have no problem having sex with said slave.  This sounds so much like a publicity stunt.

istock-508579300-1.jpg?tl=1&ve=1

$180 Wagyu beef sandwich coming to San Francisco as part of $595 dinner

News that San Francisco was going to get a Wagyumafia outpost, slinging nearly $200 sandwiches in the city’s new luxury apartment and commercial complex had stirred a lot of interest from meat enthusiasts. Partly because of the allure over Wagyu beef – one of the most expensive meats in the world – but also because this is going to be the first certified Wagyu butcher shop in the United States.

The highly anticipated butcher shop, which plans to sell Kobe and Wagyu beef, as well as their famous wallet-busting sandwiches, has been slated to open early next year in San Francisco’s Design District.

However, San Franciscans will be able to try elite meat even sooner than that. Kash Feng, in collaboration with Wagyumafia, has announced that the insanely pricey beef cut will debut August 30, as part of a one night only preview at Feng’s flagship restaurant, Omakese, in the same commercial space where Wagyumafia will be opening later.

The Japanese beef, which is sought after for its especially tender texture and exotic marbling, will be featured on a menu created by Chef Jackson Yu, and will cost patrons $595 for the five-course meal.

16 hours ago, Redondo said:
istock-508579300-1.jpg?tl=1&ve=1

$180 Wagyu beef sandwich coming to San Francisco as part of $595 dinner

News that San Francisco was going to get a Wagyumafia outpost, slinging nearly $200 sandwiches in the city’s new luxury apartment and commercial complex had stirred a lot of interest from meat enthusiasts. Partly because of the allure over Wagyu beef – one of the most expensive meats in the world – but also because this is going to be the first certified Wagyu butcher shop in the United States.

The highly anticipated butcher shop, which plans to sell Kobe and Wagyu beef, as well as their famous wallet-busting sandwiches, has been slated to open early next year in San Francisco’s Design District.

However, San Franciscans will be able to try elite meat even sooner than that. Kash Feng, in collaboration with Wagyumafia, has announced that the insanely pricey beef cut will debut August 30, as part of a one night only preview at Feng’s flagship restaurant, Omakese, in the same commercial space where Wagyumafia will be opening later.

The Japanese beef, which is sought after for its especially tender texture and exotic marbling, will be featured on a menu created by Chef Jackson Yu, and will cost patrons $595 for the five-course meal.

This makes me feel a little better about my $14 egg salad sandwich and my $22.50 omelette at the Grand Wailea Resort.

• 2 weeks later...

Couple leaves waitress a $1,200 tip on a $20 bill

This server's sunny disposition earned her something to smile about.

Brianna Siegel served a couple on Tuesday evening when they came to where she was waitressing at Bar Louie in Woodbridge. After the meal was over, the two paid their $20 bill and handed Siegel an envelope with instructions to not open it until she got home.

Siegel, who has been a waitress for a long time, told News 12 New Jersey, that it’s not always easy waiting tables, but she's happy to do it.

“I’ve been in the food industry all my life…it’s my favorite thing to do,” she said.

Well, her favorite thing to do is giving back to her in a major way when she saw what the couple had left her.

Upon opening the envelope, Siegel nearly fell on her knees she told the new outlet. Inside was a check made out to her for $1,200. The couple also included a note citing bible verses that ended with a sweet sentiment: "Whenever it gets hard, know God got you."

A health professional in California reported cases where eclipse-viewers sought medical treatment because they put sunscreen on their eyeballs to view last week’s solar eclipse.

KRCTV.com reported that these individuals applied the sunscreen because they did not have the NASA-approved eyewear.

“One of my colleagues at moonlight here stated yesterday that they had patients presenting at their clinic that put sunscreen on their eyeball, and presented that they were having pain and they were referred to an ophthalmologist,” Trish Patterson, a nurse at Prestige Urgent Care in Redding, Calif., said.  

The Sun also reported that doctors in Virginia have reported patients complaining of applying sunscreen to their eyes.

The nurse said that it only takes seconds of staring at directly at the sun to cause lasting damage to the retina.

The Anheuser-Busch Brewery put beer production on hold this week, instead canning safe drinking water to distribute to flooding victims affected by Hurricane Harvey.

More than 50,000 cans of emergency drinking water will be sent from the brewing company’s factory in Cartersville, Ga., a spokesperson for Anheuser-Busch said to FOX5.

The water will be distributed at Red Cross shelters in Baton Rouge, La., where Flash Flood Watch is in effect through Thursday, according to the National Weather Service.

“Throughout the year, we periodically pause beer production at our Cartersville, Ga., brewery to produce emergency canned drinking water so we are ready to help out communities across the country in times of crisis,” said Sarah Schilling, brewmaster at the Anheuser-Busch brewery in a statement.

“Putting our production and logistics strengths to work by providing safe, clean drinking water is the best way we can help in these situations,” she said.

Anheuser-Busch halted beer production to can water during natural disasters before, including during flooding in Louisiana, wildfires in California and Hurricane Mathew.