• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Sayonara Hamilton

I agree. The angels didn't do their homework and arte just wanted to make some off season noise again.

I think if Hamilton is cleaned up and healthy and his mind is right the angels should welcome him back.

Well we really don't know what kind of condition he's in. We've heard reports that he's taken BP to he can only hit from a tee. No matter what shape he's in nothing will change what's going on between his ears. He's going through a high profile divorce and we don't need all of his personal distractions. He's already said that he doesn't play for the fans.

Edited by CALZONE

How will anyone ever know if he's cleaned up or his head is right?

That's the problem with drug addicts, especially once they've decided to throw everything they have and love away just to do some stupid effing drugs; you'll never really know.

You're just a spectator outside the lines .,. you don't need to know. The people inside the lines will make those decisions.

so it's your fault!!

seriously, those who think that he's been a major distraction have no idea what goes on in a locker room. Players are focused on their own production and what thwy can do to help the team win. They don't sit around and obsess over a player who isn't there. If anything, they're pulling for the guy to get right. That's what teammates (and friends) do.

Edited by Lou

so it's your fault!!

seriously, those who think that he's been a major distraction have no idea what goes on in a locker room. Players are focused on their own production and what thwy can do to help the team win. They don't sit around and obsess over a player who isn't there. If anything, they're pulling for the guy to get right. That's what teammates (and friends) do.

because that's what friends are forrrrrr.

so it's your fault!!

Yes, it's his fault.

Anybody interested in a class action lawsuit?

Part of me wonders if that "comeback plan" is just a way for the Angels to save face. If they released him right now, there are some who would think they were heartless jerks...oh noes, they're dropping the struggling drug addict who just lost his marriage and had an injury, I think they'd be fully within their rights to release him, but seeing as the front office has already been heavily criticized, I could imagine that might be a problem.

Sending him to AZ, etc instead? As mentioned, it will buy them more time to work with their lawyers. At the end of it, if Hamilton isn't doing well, they can shrug and say "well, we really tried working with him. He's not delivering/he's not motivated/etc." and release him without looking like demons.

"A lot of the projections we had to make when Howie was traded was that Josh was here," Scioscia said. "We fully anticipated that. We still anticipate that, at some point."

Looks like Scioscia hasn't written him off and he still has a voice on his 25 man roster.

The access to the locker room is a privilege that can be revoked at anytime. What happens or what's said in the locker room stays in the locker room until it is leaked out at a later date. Remember when we found out about Torii and Albert's locker room altercation almost a year later. There has to be a few players on that 25 man roster that don't want to see Hamilton take their spot.

Edited by CALZONE

My biggest concern with Hamilton is basically these statements from this article http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/2015/02/26/josh-hamilton-relapse-mlb-suspension-roy-silver/24060571/

"He talked about that he was having trouble getting up for games.'' Silver said. "I don't know whether it was a self-realization or depression. He has to find a way to get yourself up, or you have to man up. He has a job to do. And I'm not big into stealing people's money."   

The article also quotes Silver as saying this "Baseball has never driven Josh,'' says Silver. "People don't understand that. He just loves to hit. And he loves to dive." "And after winning the MVP and going to two World Series, his body won't let him dive anymore, and he's struggling to hit. If he's still dealing with all of these mental and emotional challenges, it's not going to work.''

This is one of the people in Hamilton's inner circle, a person who Hamilton obviously confides in and he's telling him that he is having trouble getting motivated to play and that he generally doesn't really like baseball as much as he likes to hit.  Maybe I'm just being cynical but both those statements stick out like sore thumbs to me.  If hitting is what he likes to do, and he's having trouble getting motivated then nothing is really likely to change so long as he's in Anaheim.  The park is absolutely killing him.

I understand the players say he's all geeked up to play baseball again, but what's going to happen when he goes two weeks at home with no HRs?  Get him back on the field, but they really should look to move him as soon as he shows signs of life and gets the attention of a different club.

Edited by Inside Pitch