• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Sayonara Hamilton

From a scientific and olfactory standpoint, nobody has shit that doesn't stink.

From a sociological standpoint, if you are a 30-year old man who isn't allowed access to cash or credit cards, you are a f*cking loser. Sorry, fanboys.

He is allowed to access cash and credit cards. He chooses not too. He's being accountable for his own actions. Most drug addicts don't.

Your shit is getting smelly.

No matter how jonesing I am to blow off some steam, get a fix, or get a BJ in the champagne room, I'd never consider doing it for the possibility of having my kids find out.  I can't imagine how terrible I would feel having to explain that to them. Wow. They would be my accountability partner.

this !

Even if we concede that Hamilton has a disease, he still has the free will to not take drugs.

I've thought all along the Angels went on the attack because they wanted to get Josh to agree to a buy out, putting some doubt in his mind that the Angels could actually win a lawsuit.

this makes a lot of sense. he's not working out with the team, nor does it appear he's keeping in contact with anyone. and  he's well past the time it usually takes to rehab from the surgery. 

i'm sure he's also probably not too excited about returning to a work environment where the guys in charge have publicly ripped him and are making overtures about firing him.

hopefully sosh will get to see him in the next four days. got to be a really tough position for everyone to be in.

Edited by Tank

From a scientific and olfactory standpoint, nobody has shit that doesn't stink.

From a sociological standpoint, if you are a 30-year old man who isn't allowed access to cash or credit cards, you are a f*cking loser.  Sorry, fanboys.

Or maybe he is more predisposed to addiction than you? Just like some people are more predisposed to being miserable people...I'm obviously not talking about you.

I have a Hamilton story running sometime tomorrow in which players all say...

1. They love Hamilton and think he's a good guy and a good teammate. They want him back.

2. They aren't distracted by all this mess in the least. They are too busy with their own stuff.

Also, although this is my personal feeling and not anything I can write in a story, I feel Hamilton's absence is more the Angels decision than his.

Did you ask them about his actions after he slid into first? How about the famous photo of him sitting on the bench while every single person in the dugout was on the railing? What about him looking completely disinterested towards the end of last season and against the Royals?

Did you ask them about his actions after he slid into first? How about the famous photo of him sitting on the bench while every single person in the dugout was on the railing? What about him looking completely disinterested towards the end of last season and against the Royals?

These are silly beatles. Sliding headfirst was a reaction play. The now famous photo isn't all that famous, one of our own guys took the photo. He wasn't disinterested he was just unprepared and not ready to play because of injury. Scioscia should have never had him playing. All I would really want to know from Fletch is is there anything else we don't know about? Even if he doesn't elaborate on what that is, it certainly feels like this is one of those "last straws" type of events with the way the Angels went at him.

Or maybe he is more predisposed to addiction than you? Just like some people are more predisposed to being miserable people...I'm obviously not talking about you.

Sure.  He's doing coke off of strippers, with a wife and daughters at home.  And *I'm* the miserable person.

Got it.

"Hey guys, you know that guy you've lived with 8-10 hours a day 220 days a year the last two years? Well, I have some news for you, people on the Internet know more about him than you from watching him on TV. You'd be shocked what they know."

"Hey guys, you know that guy you've lived with 8-10 hours a day 220 days a year the last two years? Well, I have some news for you, people on the Internet know more about him than you from watching him on TV. You'd be shocked what they know."

Awesome. This should create some fun stuff here.

These are silly beatles. Sliding headfirst was a reaction play. The now famous photo isn't all that famous, one of our own guys took the photo. He wasn't disinterested he was just unprepared and not ready to play because of injury. Scioscia should have never had him playing. All I would really want to know from Fletch is is there anything else we don't know about? Even if he doesn't elaborate on what that is, it certainly feels like this is one of those "last straws" type of events with the way the Angels went at him.

He said he would slid into first base again. Why has he been so terrible the first 2 years of his contract? What was the explanation of the photo? So it's Scioscia's fault for playing a Hamilton that didn't want to play baseball? How is a veteran unprepared to play the game he was employed to play? He has been unprepared the last 2 years?

Of course there is more to it. We will probably never know everything.  The bottomline is that Hamilton has been a massive disappointment and he relapsed and didn't get punished or even have to go to rehab. He gets a ridiculous amount of money and gets a free pass from many people. He is able to freely break the law and go on vacation while being paid more money than most of us will ever see in our whole lifetime. You can understand why some people might be a little bit upset. He has disease though so you aren't allowed to be mad or angry at him because he just can't help himself.  I am done wasting my time typing about him.

Forgive my ignorance. He clearly puts baseball and family number 1 in his life and is a total stand up guy that has not hit poorly the first 2 years he has been on the Angels and he didn't go to a strip club and snort cocaine.  His disease is something we all should accept and not care that he isn't in rehab and doesn't have to account for his actions.  My bad.

Edited by beatlesrule

From tomorrow's OC Register....

“I think we all understand what type of guy Josh is, what type of teammate he is,” Freese said. “We all love him. He’s going to get 35 hugs and a welcome with open arms if he does return. He’ll jump right back in.”

It is very possible all 35 love Hamilton.  However, do you think there is even a remote chance that a teammate is going to have a negative comment about him?  Not on your life.

These guys aren't dummies.

Sure.  He's doing coke off of strippers, with a wife and daughters at home.  And *I'm* the miserable person.

Got it.

Unfortunately not everyone can be like you. Accept it and enjoy your own awesomeness and best ever life ever lived. Congrats.

It is very possible all 35 love Hamilton.  However, do you think there is even a remote chance that a teammate is going to have a negative comment about him?  Not on your life.

These guys aren't dummies.

This. None of them are going to talk smack about a current teammate in the press, even one that is on the outs with management.

There was another article that mentioned, to paraphrase, that while the players love Hamilton as a person, at least some of them are weary of him as a ballplayer and all the drama that brings.

Edited by AngelsSurfer

Unfortunately not everyone can be like you. Accept it and enjoy your own awesomeness and best ever life ever lived. Congrats.

I never thought that doing my job, paying taxes, not breaking laws, being good to my wife and kids.. and oh yeah, NOT DOING BLOW OFF STRIPPERS was a pretty normal.  Apparently its super awesome.

The more you know...

This. None of them are going to talk smack about a current teammate in the press, even one that is on the outs with management.

There was another article that mentioned, to paraphrase, that while the players love Hamilton as a person, at least some of them are weary of him as a ballplayer and all the drama that brings.

Also, don't think for a second that their agents aren't telling them exactly what to say.  Players have read the backlash from Moreno's comments so there is no way there are not going to back their teammate.

Edited by beatlesrule

Also, don't think for a second that their agents aren't telling them exactly what to say.  Players have read the backlash from Moreno's comments so there is no way there are not going to back their teammate.

Yep. CJ has spoken up, but right now every single one of their agents is probably telling them to say nice things about Hamilton AND avoid criticizing the front office or anything that has been said by Dipoto or Moreno. They're not going to say anything that could blow up the way the front office's comments did.