• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Sayonara Hamilton

Except such provisions cannot be legally enforced under the CBA. The Angels have zero cards to play, they are stuck with eating every penny of his $83M.

Doesn't the MLBPA have to approve the contract when it is initially signed? If they, Hamilton and Hamilton's agent all gave it the green light, how can they say it isn't enforceable now?

It is lousy.

Arte as far as I'm concerned, is a good man. He trusted Hamilton.

He met up with Hamiltons wife and daughters before they signed the contract. Hamilton put on a good face, which I'm sure in his mind was very honest, to get the contract. Arte took his word, and put his faith in Hamilton. Hamilton either doesn't give a shit, can't grow up and stop doing drugs, or is just a complete f***wit.

It's one of those things; give a guy with drug problems millions of dollars and there's no reason to do drugs anymore, or give a guy millions of dollars and he says "F*** You!" while he takes off with the money and runs.

If I were Arte, I would never want to see Hamilton again. The money to Arte means nothing. Get the f*** off my team and good luck playing baseball ever again (although with Hamilton and his stupid attitude, probably could care less).

I would have NEVER have signed Hamilton in the first place, but what's done is done. Cut your losses and keep this cancer out of the clubhouse. The Angels are not a team to let distractions off the field affect play on the field, and i'd rather they not start now. Especially with Hamilton.

Josh if you ever read this, we ALL gave you a shot. Even I did. But get your f***ing head out of yer ass. I don't even care if I ever see you in a baseball uniform ever again. But for goddamns sake, if anything, be a f***ing MAN and be a role model for the daughters YOU decided to bring into this world.

Wow. Just ****ing wow.

That might be the most disgusting thing I've ever read on here.

Didn't Arte say the same thing about Matthews...or something similar.

Don't think they have a leg to stand on...and in my view...Arte is being a little bitch. He knew the risks associated with signing Hamilton, and did it anyways. If he didn't consult with experts on addiction prior to making the commitment, and understand that there is always a risk of relapse...then the ****eup is on him.

It is lousy.

Arte as far as I'm concerned, is a good man. He trusted Hamilton.

He met up with Hamiltons wife and daughters before they signed the contract. Hamilton put on a good face, which I'm sure in his mind was very honest, to get the contract. Arte took his word, and put his faith in Hamilton. Hamilton either doesn't give a shit, can't grow up and stop doing drugs, or is just a complete f***wit.

It's one of those things; give a guy with drug problems millions of dollars and there's no reason to do drugs anymore, or give a guy millions of dollars and he says "F*** You!" while he takes off with the money and runs.

If I were Arte, I would never want to see Hamilton again. The money to Arte means nothing. Get the f*** off my team and good luck playing baseball ever again (although with Hamilton and his stupid attitude, probably could care less).

I would have NEVER have signed Hamilton in the first place, but what's done is done. Cut your losses and keep this cancer out of the clubhouse. The Angels are not a team to let distractions off the field affect play on the field, and i'd rather they not start now. Especially with Hamilton.

Josh if you ever read this, we ALL gave you a shot. Even I did. But get your f***ing head out of yer ass. I don't even care if I ever see you in a baseball uniform ever again. But for goddamns sake, if anything, be a f***ing MAN and be a role model for the daughters YOU decided to bring into this world.

Any chance alcohol played a role in this post?

Hamilton self reporting was a good thing. Hamilton not showing up to Tempe to apologize to the team and continue rehabbing his shoulder with the Angels doctors was not a good thing. Arte has every right to be pissed off at his employee. Arte should threaten to take legal action against him because I do not ever want to see Josh Hamilton in a Tustin Angels uniform.

Hamilton self reporting was self-serving, period. There was no remorse involved. This was damage control, plain and simple. He was about to be outed, he made a preemptive strike and as a result he suffered no consequences. 

This.

What is the worst that could happen? Arte would have to pay the money owed.

To play devils advocate - the situation drags out publicly while costing who knows what in legal fees. The money isn't an issue ("it's not my money") but the bigger concern would be the constant news about the Angels owner fighting with a current player. CJ already made comments about how it was unfortunate the organization said what they did a few weeks ago. The fans don't have to like what Josh did, he'll they don't even have to forgive him or want him back but it may bother some of the current players to see the FO not having his back or rather against him in the news.

Edit - after posting I came across this http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/eye-on-baseball/25145457/cj-wilson-calls-out-angels-management-over-treatment-of-josh-hamilton

Edited by Catwhoshatinthehat

My lasting image is Josh thinking it was funny that fans booed him last playoffs - and how he was "putting on a batting show" before game 2...in 98 degree heat - according to Roger Lodge.

The dude was pooped - but "he's trying to get better" - you don't exhaust yourself in near 100 degree heat just hours before first pitch.

Hamilton will just be synonymous with "World's Largest Douche". I'm sure it was his agent who told him to turn himself in.

Arte has every right to be pissed off!

Yep, and very little common sense to go public with it. No shit he's pissed off. Everyone knew he was pissed off by all this even before he said anything.

This part of that article stood out for me:

"I'm sure there are a bevy of impending free agents out there looking at the Halos right now and telling their agents Anaheim is at the bottom of their list of desired destinations. Treating a player like this won't sit well."

Is the writer saying that drug users wouldn't be welcome on the Angels so they would sign with a different team? If that's the case, I wouldn't want them to sign here in the first place. Arte is mad that Hamilton relapsed and won't be held accountable for his actions. How does that scare away free agents that aren't drug addicts exactly?