• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Those with knowledge of the Pacific northwest

Vegas, I almost took a job there last year but received a promotion at my current location and stayed.  I liked the idea of a small town but my wife did not.  

With all the kids you would be bringing the population explosion could reclassify it as a city.

I'm going to have a discussion on Friday with the recruiter, so I will know more then about the details of this offer.

Someone mentioned seasonal affective disorder. I worked with a guy with Nevada DOC who moved here from Seattle because his wife has it.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

I wish I had time for more, really. The ones I mentioned I actually went to and could verify.

Now that I think about it, skip Dechuttes unless they have the rare or seasonals....it's built and feels like a BJ's or some beer chain place. Shoot for the hidden gems or low key spots.

Duly noted. They might have some seasonals around the time I'm there though.

Oh and I love the dark... I love the dark.

But I hate nature! I hate nature!

I have gone to the trials twice. Always an awesome experience, as its fairly unique to be in a city that actually has a rather large Track & Field/Cross Country fan base. Incredibly biased, but if you ever have a chance, make sure to watch a game at Autzen. Great atmosphere, though it has its share of assholes, it greatly improves away from the student section. Eugene has some awesome hikes too: Spencer's Butte and Mount Pisgah being the most popular. I've never enjoyed summers more than when I lived in Eugene. As far as strip clubs, Portland is the place to go; the city is famous for them. This thread really makes me miss college.

Back to the OP, I would say the biggest problem with Astoria is the lack of other cities immediately by it. There isn't a whole lot to do unless drive to Portland, which takes two hours. That is unless you are really into nature and you are right by some beautiful scenery with the Lewis & Clark Refuge there and a state forest fairly close too (can't remember it's name). You are also about 20 miles from Seaside, my favorite Oregon coastal city, absolutely beautiful during the summer/early fall. It all depends on your interests, but it's certainly a night and day difference from Vegas (of course, what isn't)? Hope I could help some.

eugene, oregon is awesome!

i go up for the olympic trials every 4 years to support my friends with athletic talent.

gorgeous scenery, great beers on the cheap (deschuttes) and the strip clubs do full-nude with alcohol.

what's not to love?

The wife and I have talked about retiring in the Northwest. Looks like Eugene is the front runner now.

We spent the weekend up in Eureka/Arcata. I had no idea how spectacularly beautiful it was up there. I've been to Portland (great city) and Seattle (nice city), but had never been on the coast up that ways. Unbelievable...we actually added it to our places to consider list after just a few days up there.

I would add The Commons Brewery to the list. Great farmhouse style ales. Just down the street from Cacade.

I had crummy service there, but I'm also not a huge fan of sour beers. But that's a good neighborhood to stumble around to different breweries.