• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Hamilton will not be suspended: per DiGiovanna

I understood the reason for him not being with the team in Spring Training until the arbitration process played out. Now that the decision has been made, my thoughts are he should report to the team. Whether that is at extended Spring Training in Tempe or with the Major League ball club to rehab with the teams trainers. My guess is, once he is officially put on the DL, he will report to the team.

Not sure if it's been posted.  But...

C.J. Wilson: Angels' statement on Josh Hamilton is 'disheartening'

I find CJ's shitty pitching last year disheartening. 

I am really just sick and tired of people blasting how the Angels are handling this.  I am honestly baffled by the backlash. 

On the pre-game show it was mention that the FO fired his accountability coach from Texas.

I will believe the beat writer for the Angels. I HIGHLY doubt the Angels would fire the accountability coach. Unless Josh went to the Angels and told them that he and his accountability coach had a falling out, and the Angels let him go because of that.

Famous athletes with addictions create ways to get what they want. No one knew that Tiger Woods was a party machine sex addict until his wife hit him with a 5 iron. It's laughable that Josh created a foundation (tax shelter) to help people in need and continually spits out Bible verses while he's destroying his own life. Many addicts hide behind religion to gain trust. Remember his putting poison in his body statement? Remember that he chose not to stay and celebrate with his teammates after winning the west. Yet he had no problem hitting the strip club while drinking and using cocaine. This guy is a train wreck that needs to get away from MLB permanently to save his own life.

It's laughable to think you can predict that he "probably started drinking again when he hurt his thumb"

I wonder how much of the team's anger is the product of Hamilton not treating his shoulder and not being prepared for spring training. That is what I find infuriating. If Hamilton had taken his injury/rehab more seriously and was ready to (try to) contribute, I doubt there would be this level of hostility.

FOUR months' delay in getting the surgery. And now he's "rehabbing" at a friend's ranch in Texas. Nothing could go wrong there.

I wonder how much of the team's anger is the product of Hamilton not treating his shoulder and not being prepared for spring training. That is what I find infuriating. If Hamilton had taken his injury/rehab more seriously and was ready to (try to) contribute, I doubt there would be this level of hostility.

It's been stated on here that the Angels and Josh both wanted to take a wait and see approach and hoped that rest would reslove the issue. Just because he did coke doesn't mean we should change that narrative, although you are certainly not the only one to place that blame on Hamilton.

FOUR months' delay in getting the surgery. And now he's "rehabbing" at a friend's ranch in Texas. Nothing could go wrong there.

The rehabbing thing I totally agree with, but the surgery, well the Angels medical staff deserve a huge part of the blame there.

I will believe the beat writer for the Angels. I HIGHLY doubt the Angels would fire the accountability coach. Unless Josh went to the Angels and told them that he and his accountability coach had a falling out, and the Angels let him go because of that.

No need to question me ,,, I heard this on the pre game show. Listen to the tape Dipoto interview at the Big A.

Angels finally get the Wells contract off the books at the end of last season only to have to now deal with this even worse contract for the next 3 seasons. At least Wells wasn't a distraction to the team....

Why don't you explain how Hamilton is a distraction to the team(players and coaches). I've yet to hear any of them complain. Actually, I've heard the opposite. I believe they all are in support of their teammate.

It's been stated on here that the Angels and Josh both wanted to take a wait and see approach and hoped that rest would reslove the issue. Just because he did coke doesn't mean we should change that narrative, although you are certainly not the only one to place that blame on Hamilton.

It goes to the fact that Hamilton seemingly doesn't give a shit about contributing to the team. Maybe he really does, I don't know, but as a fan it sure seems like he took a cavalier attitutde toward his shoulder. If he acted like he gave a damn, I think people might be more supportive.

I think they are just pissed he got over.  Whether it was something he set out to do or just happened along the way I dunno..   But they seem bent that MLB is completely powerless to do something when there is no question he actually used something.  It's like others are saying, there has to be stuff going on behind the scenes.  The whole thing is just weird, including the team having no idea where he is in his rehab..

It's laughable to think you can predict that he "probably started drinking again when he hurt his thumb"

Well I might be wrong. Maybe he never even quit drinking. I'm sure Josh will soon tell us all the truth so you can keep believing in him. Addicts can be very convincing when they need to be. Just ask Arte. He had $125 million reasons to believe in Josh Hamilton.

Imagine that, $125 Million, a signing bonus, a large press conference and a large fan base welcoming him to Anaheim. He shit on everybody including his fans, friends and family. But go ahead and keep the faith.