• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Hamilton will not be suspended: per DiGiovanna

I hope he never gets another second of playing time.  I personally will not attend any Angels games that he's slated to start.  I could never stand the guy.  I hated the signing from the get go even when I thought he was going to kill it for us.  Just don't like cheering for players I have zero respect for regardless of their production.  After his comments after the postseason and now this I just won't support a team that continues to field him.    I'm hoping by the comments the FO has made that they are on the same page.

That is good news about Kelley. I feel like part of Hamilton's troubles can be attributed to him not having any sort of level of comfort, on or off the field.

Bringing in someone to bring him back to a familiar routine can only be beneficial.

Enough with the kid gloves shit. The guy is a perennial screw up. 

He didn't do this in a vacuum. He's let down his teammates, his family and the organization as a whole and he'll probably do it again.

The fans are over him as well. Every time this guy steps up to the plate he's gonna get booed like he's the second coming of Bonds without having the stats to justify his existence on the team. I'm done with him. Great if he wants to get help and repair his relationship with his family, but I don't want him out on the field. He sucks. He's a downer. He swings at dogshit pitches and makes waves in the clubhouse. The Angels are better off without him.

I'm sort of trying to get my head around why the Angels need to payroll Hamilton's personal babysitter. He should have to pay that out of his own salary; he certainly gets enough. Make it a requirement that his accountability person has to be there but at his own expense. I don't see any of the other players getting a personal attendant courtesy of the team.

Edited by AngelsSurfer

I personally see this as beneficial for the Angels. I know you can't take money away from the argument, but let's pretend you did, who is Josh Hamilton in a baseball sense?

He's a former MVP that is left-handed so he balances the lineup and he provides the Angels with intriguing depth.

You obviously can't platoon Joyce with Ham, they're both left handed, so one would have to platoon with Cron at DH. But what if Cron is killing the ball the way I predict he will. Do you take that bat out of the lineup?

What if both Joyce and Cron are highly productive?

What if somehow Ham recoves fully and is the guy the Angels had at the beginning if last year, the true middle if the order presence. Then what?

These are good problems to have in the baseball sense. Yes it sucks he's a junky, yes it sucks he costs you 30 million a year. But if you get over that, he's a good baseball player to have on your team.

I'm shocked ... unless you're being sarcastic.

I agree