• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

California governor orders mandatory water restrictions

Hilarious... we are making less money because people are conserving water so we are going to charge you for it

yep, that's the awesomeness we get to live with. 

our council has a high moron content.

• 2 weeks later...

In San Dimas we are restricted to 2 days a week for lawn watering. There are four houses on the block obviously ignoring the mandate. One of them just had a brand new lawn put in a couple months before rationing went into effect so my guess they are pissed.

Our next door neighbor is completely OCD about his yard and does all his own landscaping. He is also an arrogant prick that has cost us and the neighbors on the other side of him grief over petty shit. His front yard is green and lush and I am tempted to tip the city water Nazi when his midnight watering is going on.

In San Dimas we are restricted to 2 days a week for lawn watering. There are four houses on the block obviously ignoring the mandate. One of them just had a brand new lawn put in a couple months before rationing went into effect so my guess they are pissed.

Our next door neighbor is completely OCD about his yard and does all his own landscaping. He is also an arrogant prick that has cost us and the neighbors on the other side of him grief over petty shit. His front yard is green and lush and I am tempted to tip the city water Nazi when his midnight watering is going on.

Do it.  Let the dark side flow through you.  

Edited by gotbeer

Landscape maintenance is a stupid municipal code?

When if you put a drought friendly front yard, they say you are violating code.  When if you put in artificial turf, they say you are violating code.  And in both cases you must rectify the situation or else you will be fined, and if you continue to be in violation of it, they will fix the situation at your cost.

Yes, it's a stupid municipal code that is overstepping.

Municipal codes to keep a city looking first world is fine with me.  Obviously you need the people that enforce these to have half a brain for situations like the drought.

I once heard someone bitch about the fact that he couldn't have a clothes line in the front of his house.  Because it would look ugly as **** was my response.

Edited by nate

Municipal codes to keep a city looking first world is fine with me.  Obviously you need the people that enforce these to have half a brain for situations like the drought.

I once heard someone bitch about the fact that he couldn't have a clothes line in the front of his house.  Because it would look ugly as **** was my response.

I guess you don't believe in private property rights then?

So you don't own a home then aye?

If you did own a home and every house on your block suddenly went to shit (landscaping dying, people parking their cars on their lawn, leaving junk on their front porch, etc.), you would be ok with the city not addressing those violations because you believe in private property rights?

So you don't own a home then aye?

Where did I say that I didn't?

If you did own a home and every house on your block suddenly went to shit (landscaping dying, people parking their cars on their lawn, leaving junk on their front porch, etc.), you would be ok with the city not addressing those violations because you believe in private property rights?

Yes, absolutely. 

What really bothers me is when people from your profession (I'm not saying you do this) harass homeowners who have mental or physical disabilities -- most elderly people fit into this category -- over the condition of their house or yard. 

The outward appearance of their property is really just a symptom of bigger struggles they're facing in life.  And yet, code enforcement bullies show up and make their pain even worse. 

Interesting to hear your opinion on it. Thanks.

As far as mental or physical disabilities and how people from my profession treats them, I can't really comment on how the people you are referring to treat those individuals. You're painting Code Enforcement officers with a heartless bad guy brush.

Everyone has a boss. Those mental or physically disabled people or their family can speak with the officer, if they aren't pleased with the conversation they can speak with his/her boss, if they still aren't pleased then they can ultimately speak with the people they elected, the City Council.

I think municipalities should be able to make some extremely light regulations on what the front of homes appear like.  However, if a home owner already owned that house before the regulation came into effect, they should be grandfathered in.

Anyone moving to the city or buying a house there afterwards knows the rule, they don't have to live there.

However, after seeing the accessor's office double my house (and my taxes, of course) I now understand that the city's regulations aren't to help keep your property value high, it is to keep their coffers full.

It really shouldn't be the government's concern at all.

It's easy, pressure your City Council into relaxing or just flat out getting rid of the codes you feel the City shouldn't have a say in enforcing.

Please.

Your definition of easy should read "pretty much impossible".

They want more money, you think that is going to change?