• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

California governor orders mandatory water restrictions

I think the main problem with solar, at least on the big plants scale, is that it's so dang big.  And as the one near the border is showing, has a bunch of environmental implications.  Like pretty much killing all wildlife in the area.  

Now, why every new house and building in Southern California isn't mandated to have solar is a different question.  But it probably has more to do with the Electric Companies monopolies.

that's a great idea about new houses and buildings. i've seen a couple of schools that have built shade structures over their parking lots and the top of those structures have solar panels. saves the cars from over heating during the day and collects quite a bit of free energy in the process. 

maybe a reasonable approach is to make solar more for residential use and traditional energy for commercial needs.

and i'll be honest - if we lose the horn-billed titmouse so that you and i can have water, i think i'm probably inclined to accept that.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

that's a great idea about new houses and buildings. i've seen a couple of schools that have built shade structures over their parking lots and the top of those structures have solar panels. saves the cars from over heating during the day and collects quite a bit of free energy in the process.

maybe a reasonable approach is to make solar more for residential use and traditional energy for commercial needs.

and i'll be honest - if we lose the horn-billed titmouse so that you and i can have water, i think i'm probably inclined to accept that.

Hee hee...titmouse.

Also for desal, environmentally, most of the power would probably have to come from nuclear if used on a wide scale basis.  And considering we are in California, nuclear could have it's own Fukushima type consequences.  

I still think the best way to get water to arid regions in the nation is by pipeline from too wet regions.  If you take their water say once their levels get to above 90%.  it's probably enough to feed CA, TX, and the other areas under drought right now.  And it would probably prevent all the flooding in areas where the water has no where to go.

The problem with this is that climatologists cannot predict with a very high degree of accuracy when/where droughts and floods will occur. So you'd literally have to have pipelines from everywhere to everywhere to deal with seasonal issues of too much or not enough rain.

Edited by Mark68

• 3 weeks later...

In other drought news:

http://news.yahoo.com/drought-sparks-fears-worsening-food-shortages-n-korea-115723895.html

Drought sparks fears of worsening food shortages in N. Korea

Apparently the food shortages are hitting the military harder than the civilian leadership:

091a4f2c4199e5ea494ed9cba560ce8f8cf5b1a8

I think there are two levels of food consumption in North Korea: Kim Jong Un's and everybody else's.

• 2 weeks later...