• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

California governor orders mandatory water restrictions

mankind is always successful when it tries to stifle nature.  

As opposed to overpopulation which stifles nature by putting too much strain on the planet, wiping out species because of hunting/expanding/cutting down forests and fighting for limited resources?  Not saying we're there yet or will be in any of our lifetimes and I'm all about putting people first but we've only got one planet.

As opposed to overpopulation which stifles nature by putting too much strain on the planet, wiping out species because of hunting/expanding/cutting down forests and fighting for limited resources?  Not saying we're there yet or will be in any of our lifetimes and I'm all about putting people first but we've only got one planet.

Of course, but there are hundreds of moves and steps to make that are wise and responsible.  You have already hit on one for California, ditch the stupid ass bullet train and build some desalination plants.  

Serious question but how often do some of you water your lawns during the summer?

Once or twice a week.  Our lawn get's pretty ratty in the summer.  In the winter, once maybe twice a week.  But usually the rain and dew keep it going.  So it's not as ratty.  

Once or twice a week.  Our lawn get's pretty ratty in the summer.  In the winter, once maybe twice a week.  But usually the rain and dew keep it going.  So it's not as ratty.  

That isn't bad. I guess it depends on the type of grass.  They have had watering restrictions since I moved to Texas years ago but I still have had neighbors who their sprinklers run every day and my lawn is as green or greener. I normally have some type of Bermuda which has long roots, making it a pain for any planters around it, but you can also train it to not not need constant watering. It goes dormant in the winter so I never turn it on....funny how my water bill still stays the same in the winter. 

Actually, when we bought our house just more than a year ago we put all of our money into improvements on the inside - wood floors, blinds, paint, electrical... The landscaping is next. Ultimately, I'm going to go with artificial turf. But we're probably a couple years out for that. 

So residents only use 10% of the water

http://www.ppic.org/main/publication_show.asp?i=1108

If each of us didn't flush a toilet, water a lawn, or wash a dish, then the consumption would only decrease 10%.

Do I have this right?

I've read that also in other articles..

Agriculture is by far the biggest water user, but there's also the oil (fracking) industry.

There's also companies like Nestle that bottle up our tap water and resell it to the public.

I don't have a lawn. When I do, it will either be artificial or sub surface watered.

Yesterday,I drove by a nearby field that had just been planted(crops). They're using the big rainbird system. I had to slow down to get by because the runoff had flooded the street. "What drought" I guess.

Actually, when we bought our house just more than a year ago we put all of our money into improvements on the inside - wood floors, blinds, paint, electrical... The landscaping is next. Ultimately, I'm going to go with artificial turf. But we're probably a couple years out for that.

I bought a house once that had the gnarliest sprinkler system leak. I didn't make much moving in until the first bill came. Aside from putting a ton of money into overhauling the whole irrigation system it made me hate the lawn, water bill, and maintenance.

I tinkered with the sprinkler system so much to try and get the bare minimum and the water bill was still nuts for a single dude living alone....it was way more expensive than electric, and I could tell during the months it rained heavy.

Artificial is the way to go. Hopefully you're not in some bullshit homeowners association that gas some obtuse rules of putting it in.

I don't know how it is now, but the city of Glendale used to lose its mud over people trying to install artificial turf in their yard. City council members or HOAs or somebody didn't like the way it looked.

Our school, which isn't visible from the street, had to apply to the city for special permission to install artificial turf one of our playgrounds. Took the city about a month to finally give the okay.