• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Josh Hamilton Timeline?

LAAMike

Angels are anticipating the worst from what I've come to understand. It's possible he's played his last major league game as an Angel, if not by punitive measures then possibly from a health standpoint.

putting aside the issue of Josh Hamilton the human being and looking at it from a purely economic perspective, it would be quite nice to no longer be responsible for 90 mil in dead weight over the next three years. 

I don't know much about the suspension or it's rules. I know they have said they are trying to get it done before opening day. But could it be they are waiting? Maybe they want any suspension to not include time when Hamilton would be on the DL abd they need him to be placed on the DL first. Is this possible or can Hamilton be placed on the DL preemptively?

the delay on the decision here is inexcusable.

the decision may be whatever it may be  -- but the Angels are entitled to know (about at least two weeks ago IMO) to allow them to prepare/ plan their line up and roster for the season.

If Hamilton is suspended until June --so be it.

at this point - even if gets like a 30 day suspension -- with minor league rehab schedule and assignment -- he won't be back until probably June 1 at the earliest anyway.

why do I get the feeling (based on nothing more than an outsider's perspective with ZERO inside information) that MLB is going to essentially totally screw the Angels organization with this decision in every way -- from the delay in announcing it, to the timing in announcing it, to the decision itself......

He was going to be on the DL to start the season anyway. This thing broke after most FAs had signed. Not sure how big a difference this will make except money savings this year that could maybe be used to trade for a 2b upgrade or maybe to extend Street but those can both be done in a will our two without much impact to the team compared to a few weeks ago.

i imagine the delay is caused by the fact that hamilton self-reported as opposed to being caught, and the legal ramifications of just what they can and cannot do. they have to work with the players union on this, and likely the team to some degree, and since there's really no precedent for this kind of infraction, they're breaking new ground and probably want to make sure they get it right the first time.

without a doubt there will be critics regardless of what decision is made.

why do I get the feeling (based on nothing more than an outsider's perspective with ZERO inside information) that MLB is going to essentially totally screw the Angels organization with this decision in every way -- from the delay in announcing it, to the timing in announcing it, to the decision itself......

The Angels screwed themselves with this Josh Hamilton signing, they didn't need any help from the Major Leagues.

The only ones that care about this decision is the fans. It's funny that some are outraged, it doesn't matter if the decision was last week or this week. We aren't at the trade deadline, there isn't a free agent available. The Angels aren't waiting on pins and needles for this decision because they've known for a couple months he wouldn't be ready for the start of the season.

yk9001 says essentially:

"the only ones to screw the Angels organization is the Angels organization by signing Hamilton to that F/A contract in the first place........"

well, it's hard (impossible, really) to argue with that comment.

but MLB is making the Halos situation worse by stalling on this decision -- whatever it is -- someone is going to be unhappy -- but the Halos should know NOW -- not next week, not next month,.

I'm thinking the Angels will probably get the official word on Friday.  As someone already said, when you have bad news, you deliver it on Friday.  It causes the least amount of waves because most media sources won't release a huge story on that day, meaning it'd wait until Monday at which time it's old news.  I'm sure Rob Manfred also isn't wanting this to be a headline catcher that interferes with Opening Day. 

Well, from my stand-point, I think it may make a difference on the 25 / 40 man roster if suddenly you going to have to deal with making a decision on Hamilton in 30 days, six months or one year.

it may make a difference how the Halos treat certain players on 'the bubble' of both the 25 man and 40 man roster.

guys like Cowgill, perhaps Krauss, maybe Cron -- some of the other OF'er / DH folks.

I just think it's better to have that information (Hamilton's status for the 2015 season and potentially beyond) now when making cut down decisions than later.