• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Angels release Lindstrom....

DMVol

And with Rasmus out, it all but assures Rucinski making the team. Oh wait, or Snodgress. So we have:

Definite: Weaver, Wilson, Shoemaker, Santiago, Street, Smith, Morin

Probable: Heaney, Salas, Ramos, Pestano

Maybe: Tropeano, Rucinski, Snodgress, Alvarez, Bedrosian, Mattheus

My "probables" are probably definites, but think there is some question for each. If we assume that all Definites and Probables are in, that leaves two spots from seven maybes. I think Bedrosian needs more minor league time. Alvarez needs to get some innings. Mattheus is minor league depth. So then it becomes two of Tropeano, Rucinski, and Snodgress. It seems like Rucinski SHOULD get a spot.

Bedrosian and Wilk also optioned to AAA. It's looking like Street, Smith, Morin, Pestano, Salas, Ramos, and Rucinski or Alvarez. My guess is there's a new battle for the final spot and the Angels will want someone who is either a long reliever (Rucinski or Alvarez) or a lefty and have Ramos as the long reliever (Snodgress). 

I think Lindstrom pretty much pitched himself out of the picture this Spring.

He was obtained to provide some depth and was an odds-on favorite to fill one of the back pen roles....

but then he starting pitching in the ST games and the result is this -- outright release.

ST lasts a week longer this year (because the season starts a week later) -- hoping Lindstrom might get an ST invite now and a minor league contract with some team to start the season.

Going to be interesting now to see what happens at 2B -- Rutledge may be the next one to get bad news -- Rutledge may be given a choice -- report to SLC or outright release.

Rutledge has options. Don't give him a choice.

I think Lindstrom pretty much pitched himself out of the picture this Spring.

He was obtained to provide some depth and was an odds-on favorite to fill one of the back pen roles....

but then he starting pitching in the ST games and the result is this -- outright release.

ST lasts a week longer this year (because the season starts a week later) -- hoping Lindstrom might get an ST invite now and a minor league contract with some team to start the season.

Going to be interesting now to see what happens at 2B -- Rutledge may be the next one to get bad news -- Rutledge may be given a choice -- report to SLC or outright release.

And with Rasmus out, it all but assures Rucinski making the team. Oh wait, or Snodgress. So we have:

Definite: Weaver, Wilson, Shoemaker, Santiago, Street, Smith, Morin

Probable: Heaney, Salas, Ramos, Pestano

Maybe: Tropeano, Rucinski, Snodgress, Alvarez, Bedrosian, Mattheus

My "probables" are probably definites, but think there is some question for each. If we assume that all Definites and Probables are in, that leaves two spots from seven maybes. I think Bedrosian needs more minor league time. Alvarez needs to get some innings. Mattheus is minor league depth. So then it becomes two of Tropeano, Rucinski, and Snodgress. It seems like Rucinski SHOULD get a spot.

I'd rather see Heaney in AAA and Tropeano get the green light. He has looked strides ahead of Heaney this spring IMO.

Halos to carry 12 pitchers -- 4 starters and 8 pen guys -- so both Heaney and Tropeano start the season at SLC.

as for not giving Rutledge the choice because he has options -- that's likely what will happen the thinking otherwise is this -- it appears from his ST performance that Rutledge can't help the Halos much this season and is not part of their long term plans -- he was brought over to compete for a stop gap situation and he's running third or fourth in the competition and isn't going to make the roster.

Giavotella and Featherston figure to make the team -- Green gets sent back out to SLC -- with some hope he can be called back up during the season -- Rutledge would be pretty much a 4-A player at SLC who's only hope for MLB playing time being ineffective performance by Giavotella or an injury to Giavotella or Featherston........Rutledge isn't some prospect kid trying to break into the bigs -- he was a starting 2B for Colorado for a season and a half........if he can help some other team and get some MLB playing time -- why should the Angels just stash him at SLC when there's not much hope he will be playing at the MLB level with the Angels any time soon, if ever.

I don't see Rutledge making the club -- and the bad news may come as early as today/ Monday.......I assume cut down day is around the corner.