• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Angels Official Website: Cuban Baldoquin brings plenty of promise to Angels

Nice to see him turn on an inside pitch. Scouting repeat indicated his power was more oppo field and doubles type. He also wasn't as "big" as I pictured from his scouting video where he looked ripped in the jersey.

Whatever, he should just keep doing that.

Edited by ScottyA_MWAH

The angels should just give him the job at 2nd this year. After seeing literally one atbat, I have more confidence in him than any other 2nd base option.

so maybe my memory is fading or I am just being selective, but I have watched a ton of baseball over a number of years and I truly don't remember a guy slated for A ball cruising in and covering an inside fastball on the first pitch he sees.  Delgado throws 93-95mph btw so it's not like it was an 88mph fastball.  

It doesn't mean he's gonna be a star, but it's a pretty damn cool thing for him to do.  

I have high hopes for this kid. I'd like to see more from him before making a prediction, but he seems to have star potential.

Does he have any plate discipline? Will he take a walk?

I wonder how Erick Aybar feels about him.

its possible after that bat flip aybar sees him as a hot dog.

Its also possible aybar would eat his hot dog.

Could go either way

I have high hopes for this kid. I'd like to see more from him before making a prediction, but he seems to have star potential.

Does he have any plate discipline? Will he take a walk?

I wonder how Erick Aybar feels about him.

I've read contradicting reports on his plate discipline, so we'll just have to wait and see on that. As for his relationship with Aybar, apparently they get along quite well. Baldoquin asks a lot of questions and Aybar's turned into a good veteran leader.

Plus Baldoquin may not even be Aybar's replacement any more than someone like Stamets. Roberto can be moved to 2B, 3B or even LF. Just because he.'a playing SS right now and has the tools to stick there doesn't mean Aybar's time with the Angels is bearing an end. There's still 2 years before he's a free agent, a lot can happen.

Perhaps Hamilton is washed up now, Joyce is a one year rental and Cowgill can't take the position and run with it.

Perhaps no one hits enough to stay at 2B for very long and Aybar expresses interest in retiring as an Angel.

Perhaps Freese leaves in FA and for some reason Kubitza can't cut it.

I do admit the most likely of all is Aybar leaves via FA, the Angels net a draft pick and slot Baldoquin at SS.

if he can play D at all -- I agree -- give this guy the 2B job and see how it goes..........

saves a lot of questions on the other guys let them all go with the exception of Featherston who can be the bench depth guy and I assume this new guy can also play 3B and spell Freese over there on D in the late innings.

so this guy plays NOW and when Aybar is gone, he takes over SS.......I sort of like this plan a lot better than the stop gaps we've been discussing at 2B.