• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

God Helped Us All

pretty sure he got caught banging a broad and got popped by his wife

If he's banging anybody at 75, I'm impressed.

This came shortly after an announcement that he planned to seek re-election, which surprised me. 

Of course, if the Republicans roll out the stupid to the same extent that they did in the last election it won't matter. Sharron "Second Amendment Solution" Angle vs. Sue "Barter Chickens for Health Care" Lowden.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

I'm guessing your governor will be the one.

If he is not picked for the 2016 GOP ticket, which has also been discussed. Brian Sandoval has done a decent job as Governor, and he has shown that he will not always hold firm to the GOP party line when it comes to what is best for the state. I have voted for him twice, and frankly not many Republicans have earned my vote.

As far as the GOP ticket goes, Sandoval checks a lot of boxes. He is western, Hispanic and photogenic. As far as anyone knows there are no skeletons in his closet and he has not taken controversial stands on issues that would alienate voters. He has also earned respect as both a judge and as the chief executive of the state.

I've never actually understood the animosity towards Reid. Not someone I was a huge fan of but not someone I had any dislike for. When you consider the folks across the aisle he had to work with, I thought he did a pretty good job as leader of the Democrats in the Senate. Hell, it's not like he's out sending letters to governors telling them to ignore the President like his counterpart.

And seriously...Schumer is going to replace him...as if Wall St. doesn't have carte blanche already.

This will make it tougher for the Democrats to wrest back control of the Senate in 2016 though. It's a favorable map...but having to win a purple state without a deep blue bench in Nevada will be tough.

This will make it tougher for the Democrats to wrest back control of the Senate in 2016 though. It's a favorable map...but having to win a purple state without a deep blue bench in Nevada will be tough.

If Brian Sandoval runs for the Senate seat, I don't see anyone on either side mounting a meaningful challenge. This will probably happen unless Sandoval is tapped as a running mate for the GOP presidential nominee. This would put both of our US Senate seats in Republican hands. Three of our four House seats already belong to Republicans. Rep. Dina Titus would be the only Democratic member of Nevada's delegation in Washington.

I've never actually understood the animosity towards Reid. Not someone I was a huge fan of but not someone I had any dislike for.

To be honest, most of the distaste for him here is because he has supported the President on some issues that were not popular locally rather than any supposed scandal or funny business in Washington. The comments of others notwithstanding, about the only negative comments you hear about him here come from Republicans, who have been pissed because they can't beat him in an election. They blew a golden chance in the last election cycle, but the Tea Party secured the candidacy of a candidate so psychotic that Reid carried her home county plus other areas that generally always vote heavily Republican.

The media here are not shy about whacking people from either side of the aisle if they have skeletons in their closets, but they haven't gone after Reid.

Reid is corrupt as hell.  He is one of the worst offenders.  There is a reason he is unpopular in his own state

Corrupt as hell...worst offenders...of what? Bad fashion? I'd be happy to read about specifics. Not trying to be a dick, my original question was an honest one, I don't get it. For years I've watched the right try and turn the name of every leader in the Democratic party in to a bad word...just the mention of the name starts the blood a boiling. Nancy Pelosi. See...someone's bp just bumped up a notch.

Hell, Lindsey Graham recently said the Republicans won't do anything about Climate Change because of Al Gore. Not, the science, but Al Gore. (he didn't say he was fat...but I bet at least one person reading this thought that immediately). So, I'm just wondering...is the hatred for Reid more of the same or are there specific examples of corruption that I'm not aware of?

Edited by red321

Corrupt as hell...worst offenders...of what? Bad fashion? I'd be happy to read about specifics. Not trying to be a dick, my original question was an honest one, I don't get it. For years I've watched the right try and turn the name of every leader in the Democratic party in to a bad word...just the mention of the name starts the blood a boiling. Nancy Pelosi. See...someone's bp just bumped up a notch.

You have pretty much nailed it, IMO. Republicans are chapped that they can't beat certain Democratic candidates in elections, so they either try to paint them as corrupt or they try to disqualify them from office after the election (birthers, etc.). Then there are the impeachers, who believe that everything that goes against their personal beliefs is an impeachable offense. I hear a lot of Republicans talking about Obama's executive orders exceeding his authority, but not a peep out of them when Ronald Reagan blatantly broke the law by going against a Congressional vote and cutting illicit deals with foreign entities in Iran-Contra. This sent arms to Iran - against the vote of Congress - and used the money to fund the Contras in Nicaragua. Reagan used Colonel Oliver North, who conservatives have hailed as a hero even though he violated his sworn oath to support and defend the Constitution, as an intermediary.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan