• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Calhoun possibly hurt, leaves game.

Richard

Gee this could be bad. A possible OF of Joyce, Trout and Navarro would be dreadful defensively and having Navarro's bat in the lineup wouldn't be a good thing either. Personally I'd stick Green there over Navarro but it seems unlikely they would.

Gee this could be bad. A possible OF of Joyce, Trout and Navarro would be dreadful defensively and having Navarro's bat in the lineup wouldn't be a good thing either. Personally I'd stick Green there over Navarro but it seems unlikely they would.

What don't you like about Navarro? I would assume the first person to get the starting gig would be Cowgill.

What don't you like about Navarro? I would assume the first person to get the starting gig would be Cowgill.

Cowgill had a .586 OPS against RHP last year, while it's .537 for his career. Cowgill is fine as a platoon guy, on the assumption last year wasn't a fluke (there's a couple of warning signs there too I think).

As for Navarro, I don't dislike him but he's just not very good at baseball. He's a 28 year old who had a wRC of 85 in the bigs with pretty regular playing time in the second half of last year. His career AAA numbers are okay, but when you factor in park factors they don't suggest he can hit much better than he did last year. Basically, guys who can't hit very well and are below average to bad defensively in the outfield are littered all around baseball. You don't want someone like that in your starting lineup.

Edited by Oz27

Cowgill had a .586 OPS against RHP last year, while it's .537 for his career. Cowgill is fine as a platoon guy if last year, on the assumption last year wasn't a fluke (there's a couple of warning signs there too I think).

He's oddly doing far better against RHP than LHP so far this spring. Only spring but weird none the less.