• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Scioscia has his new Mathis

Glen

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/2015-positional-power-rankings-catcher/

"At 32, it’s fair to expect another similar season, but now the Angels will absolutely require it. With Hank Conger off to Houston, the backup is now Drew Butera, who is without hyperbole one of the worst hitters in baseball history. Stay healthy, Chris."

I still feel like Conger never really got a real shot with us.  Im fine with the trade, but I think theres at least a chance that Conger ends up being the best player of the 3 by a good margin.  Tropeano does not impress me. 

Conger was given ample opportunity to show us he can hit and he repeatedly showed the opposite. To get two valuable pieces in return for him was a bloody good deal.

I'm still perplexed why Butera is the backup catcher in waiting ahead of Perez. The idea of Butera starting 50 or so games this season, even if Iannetta stays healthy, really isn't fun.

Conger was given ample opportunity to show us he can hit and he repeatedly showed the opposite. To get two valuable pieces in return for him was a bloody good deal.

I'm still perplexed why Butera is the backup catcher in waiting ahead of Perez. The idea of Butera starting 50 or so games this season, even if Iannetta stays healthy, really isn't fun.

i love how everyone is judging a catcher by what he can produce offensively instead of defensively.  conger's value is his ability to frame pitches well and get extra strikes which is what houston traded him for.

i love how everyone is judging a catcher by what he can produce offensively instead of defensively. conger's value is his ability to frame pitches well and get extra strikes which is what houston traded him for.

Perez was pretty good at that too and is supposed to be decent at other defensive aspects of catching too.

What I don't get is why so many people feel it was a bad trade. Dipoto should have a bandana over his face when he made that deal because it was a steal.

The Angels got Tropeano, a cost controlled pitcher and Carlos Perez a cost controlled catcher for Conger's amazing .618 OPS. It was a good trade.

Poor BWood is #5 on the "worst hitters ever list". 

Still have an autographed Quakes card I sent to him in the mail when I was a freshman in HS for a project.

Sent it back signed along with a response to my letter after the season ended.

One of the worst hitters of all time, but one of the best people in my book. What's more important?