• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

New trend I see on walks: Leaving dog poop bags on the ground

I was talking to a friend who said he was in Irvine this weekend, and noticed the sidewalks littered with bags of dog poop.  I had never noticed that before.

Then, my wife and I walked Signal Hill yesterday, and damn if I didn't notice it as well:  Bags of dog poop - they pick up after their dog, then just leave the bag!

It combines the best of Americans:  Inconsiderate, AND lazy.

What the heck?  Anyone have an explanation?

The city I work in has miles of trails with dog bag dispensers at all trail heads. This is a huge trend where people leave the bags. It'll start with one person and then people will see that bag and assume that's where their bag should go so you then see 5+ bags all piled up.

I'm pretty sure they assume that a city worker will come by and throw them all away as if that's their job.

This is one of those times where I read a thread and it trips me out because I just noticed the same thing.  I try to run on Sundays and depending how far I plan to run I'll either run along the tracks of homes nearby or go run at the beach.  Yesterday I opted for option A and while I was running I noticed 2 dog poop bags on the ground that were full and tied off.  If I see someone actually leave one while on one of these runs I'll go full yk, see where they live and deposit the bag back on their lawn.  

As a dog owner, this pisses me off too because it makes it seem that all dog owners are just as inconsiderate and lazy as the slouch who leaves the bag on the side. I always pick up the poo, no matter what.

I do know, and I have done it in the past, sometimes my dog will poop right at the start of our trail run so I'll bag it up and if there's nowhere to throw it away I'll leave it somewhere by the trail but not noticeable, and pick it up on my way back down. 

Maybe others are doing that too, but forgetting. Or maybe they're just assholes.

As a dog owner, this pisses me off too because it makes it seem that all dog owners are just as inconsiderate and lazy as the slouch who leaves the bag on the side. I always pick up the poo, no matter what.

I do know, and I have done it in the past, sometimes my dog will poop right at the start of our trail run so I'll bag it up and if there's nowhere to throw it away I'll leave it somewhere by the trail but not noticeable, and pick it up on my way back down. 

Maybe others are doing that too, but forgetting. Or maybe they're just assholes.

My wife pointed this out, but clearly none of the bags were 'fresh'.  Still had dew/sprinkler water on them.

At least it wasn't human crap.

Up until twenty years ago, the largest east coast railroad did not have toilets on their locomotives.  They issued bags to the train crews who sometimes tossed their samples off the engine at high speed.  Your story reminded me of that, haha. 

The city I work in has miles of trails with dog bag dispensers at all trail heads. This is a huge trend where people leave the bags. It'll start with one person and then people will see that bag and assume that's where their bag should go so you then see 5+ bags all piled up.

I'm pretty sure they assume that a city worker will come by and throw them all away as if that's their job.

It actually is accepted practice on hiking trails to leave a poop bag on the way in and pick it up on the way out.  This is in the National Forest where dogs are allowed on the trails.  Dogs are not allowed on the trails in the National Parks.

It actually is accepted practice on hiking trails to leave a poop bag on the way in and pick it up on the way out. This is in the National Forest where dogs are allowed on the trails. Dogs are not allowed on the trails in the National Parks.

That doesn't apply to regular ass trails in a city