• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

And Matt McLaughlin topped everyone...

http://blog.sfgate.com/nov05election/2015/03/19/shoot-the-gays-initiative-apparently-headed-for-circulation/

Matt McLaughlin, a lawyer from Huntington Beach in Orange County, paid his $200 filing fee Feb. 26 to submit the “Sodomite Suppression Act” to the voters. Declaring it is “better that offenders should die rather than that all of us should be killed by God’s just wrath,” it would require that anyone who touches a person of the same gender for sexual gratification be put to death by “bullets to the head or by any other convenient method.”

The measure would also make it a crime, punishable by 10 years in prison and permanent expulsion from the state, to advocate gay rights to an audience that includes minors. It specifies that its constitutionality can be judged only by a state Supreme Court that has been purged of LGBT justices and their advocates. And it authorizes private citizens to step in as executioners if the state fails to act within a year. Another provision would require that the text of the initiative be posted prominently in every public school classroom.

Most interesting part...California AG probably has to authorize this for petition circulation. State law doesn't allow AG to rule on constitutionality of propositions. Another example of how broken the proposition system is in this state. 

Ok, let us get this out of the way right now.  This guy is one of the biggest morons ever.  EVER.

His outrageous hate only match his complete ineptitude to understand who God is.

Red, as far as your last comment, maybe the proposition system is whack but having an AG or any law enforcement or exectutive branch area judge on constitutionality is a big scramble of seperation of powers.  It just would not be good.

At all.

Edited by mtangelsfan

Ok, let us get this out of the way right now.  This guy is one of the biggest morons ever.  EVER.

His outrageous hate only match his complete ineptitude to understand who God is.

Red, as far as your last comment, maybe the proposition system is whack but having an AG or any law enforcement or exectutive branch area judge on constitutionality is a big scramble of seperation of powers.  It just would not be good.

At all.

Noted MT. I think I'm referring more to the fact that any moron can submit something like this. I think a significant issue this state has is the proposition system. Any Tom, Dick, or Harry with money can get a proposition, some of them sounding positive on the surface and yet incredibly self serving. The state budget process is hamstrung by the proposition process, mandating specific spending levels for various items. Hell, how many times do we have to reject propositions from insurance companies that would seriously jump our rates? It seems like every year or so that happens.

This isn't to say the proposition process is bad...just that it needs serious reform...including filtering out items like this.

At all.

Yep, our system has to allow for this.  American's are stupid and some are hateful but this doesn't have a chance to become anything more than a publicity stunt.

I disagree.  I think the nutcases in South OC will get behind this 100% and put their money and influence behind it

I doubt it. There are very few people who have psychotic thought processes like this.

Edited by Angels N Skins

Noted MT. I think I'm referring more to the fact that any moron can submit something like this. I think a significant issue this state has is the proposition system. Any Tom, Dick, or Harry with money can get a proposition, some of them sounding positive on the surface and yet incredibly self serving. The state budget process is hamstrung by the proposition process, mandating specific spending levels for various items. Hell, how many times do we have to reject propositions from insurance companies that would seriously jump our rates? It seems like every year or so that happens.

This isn't to say the proposition process is bad...just that it needs serious reform...including filtering out items like this.

I get where you're coming from, but these are the types of things that can actually be used to rally a cause.  When some whack-job goes this far over the edge, it can embolden the other side to draw people in the middle to come to their side.

Get this thing on a ballot!  Let it go down in flames.  Call this guy into the public square to be called to account.  

I would much rather have ridiculous stuff like this on the ballot than having a politician get to decide what is and what isn't ok.