• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

AngelsWin.com Spring Fanfest "15 Highlights

Chuck

First off, this was the best one to date. I know I say that every spring, after every event, but our Fanfest events continue to get better every year.

For those who were not able to attend, tons of pics and video to come.

Real quick, as we will have a Blog post to cover everything, we had Don Baylor speak and hold a Q&A for the fans, Jerry Dipoto speak for an hour, and field questions from the audience, a roundtable media session with Jeff Fletcher, Mike DiGiovanna and Alden Gonzalez, with prospects Sherman Johnson, Alex Yarbrough and Jordan Piche attend.

We raised over $2000 with raffle prizes for the OC Miracle League. My favorite part of the night (more later).

Had a great time hanging with friends and members of the website and meeting, hanging with new friends.

Please let us know how you liked the event and your favorite highlights.

Chuck, this was a tremendous event, that was fluid and to the point. Being the die hard I am, I preferred last year, because we had a couple of players, but it made for a much longer night. This years was tremendous because of Baylor (an Angel legend), Dipoto who literally brings it every time, and because of the fund raiser. I am going to be more active this year in acquiring items to put up for our raffle. I want us to shoot for the moon next year and really take care of the Miracle League of OC.

Chuck, this was a tremendous event, that was fluid and to the point. Being the die hard I am, I preferred last year, because we had a couple of players, but it made for a much longer night. This years was tremendous because of Baylor (an Angel legend), Dipoto who literally brings it every time, and because of the fund raiser. I am going to be more active this year in acquiring items to put up for our raffle. I want us to shoot for the moon next year and really take care of the Miracle League of OC.

Nailed it.

This is what it's all about. Baseball and giving to a great charity. 

I hope I don't steal Chuck's thunder, but Claude, you really came through in a very big way. In my opinion your gift was the best or at worst second behind the canvas paintings. You were so generous, that it made me proud to be on the same message board alongside you. Thank you so much for your generostiy.

Thank you. I feel privileged to be part of the @ngelwin family and I just want to do my share. The effort that happens behind the scenes with Chuck and the board members is amazing and assisting with the Miracle League validates everything. I hope we can raise even more money at the mid-summer fanfest. Great job @ngelswin!

Edited by CALZONE

Chuck and everyone with AW.com -- great event. Had a great time. My SF Giants buddy that attended was very impressed with DiPoto and his open and candid discussion. Pretty incredible from the world of usually tight lipped GM's.  I know that A LOT OF WORK went into arranging all this and I, for one, and I think everyone here appreciates what you all have not only developed and arranged but then maintained the function at such a high level each year.

fun stuff. thanks.

sorry I didn't make it over to the Sunday morning Q&A session but our group was staying up in North Scottsdale (still here!) by then and the logistics just didn't work out.

didn't get a chance to talk to Dave Saltzer after the Fanfest........but wanted to give him kudos for doing a great job of emceeing most of the evening's events.

shout out to K. Swanson, one of the owners of in our long running AW.com Fantasy Baseball League, for his work in announcing the raffle -- even if I didn't win anything.

great stuff. thanks all.

We had a great time again this year! Jerry Dipoto was fantastic, as always, and I loved how he kept poking fun with the "trading all the Rondons" comment. It was hysterical.

The only bummer was that my wife and I had to miss the Tim Mead talk, but alas, we'll catch it next time.

Is it too soon for me to start a countdown for the 2016 Fanfest?

We had a great time again this year! Jerry Dipoto was fantastic, as always, and I loved how he kept poking fun with the "trading all the Rondons" comment. It was hysterical.

The only bummer was that my wife and I had to miss the Tim Mead talk, but alas, we'll catch it next time.

Is it too soon for me to start a countdown for the 2016 Fanfest?

We are already working on it so, yes, plan on coming out.

What happened with Auntchiladas? Do I want to know?

It took about 40 minutes for them to come up with a couple of margaritas. The service was almost non existent, no one came by to refill glasses or take plates. They turned off the air conditioning after the room we were in was filled with two large parties so it became a sweatbox, Took forever to get a bill and Chuck felt the need to play musical chairs.

So really, Chuck ruined the night.

It took about 40 minutes for them to come up with a couple of margaritas. The service was almost non existent, no one came by to refill glasses or take plates. They turned off the air conditioning after the room we were in was filled with two large parties so it became a sweatbox, Took forever to get a bill and Chuck felt the need to play musical chairs.

So really, Chuck ruined the night.

Your face ruined the night.

But yeah, the food gave me the shits, the Margarita was awful, the service sucked and the room was either an ice box or a sweat box. Other than that, the company was great! Thanks for reserving the room Strads. We learned to stick to brunch there, not dinner. 

didn't get a chance to talk to Dave Saltzer after the Fanfest........but wanted to give him kudos for doing a great job of emceeing most of the evening's events.

shout out to K. Swanson, one of the owners of in our long running AW.com Fantasy Baseball League, for his work in announcing the raffle -- even if I didn't win anything.

great stuff. thanks all.

Thanks Tim, reading some ticket stubs is nothing compared to what these guys put together.  The thing about your post is the baseball league you started way back when is how I met many of these guys. 

I was not going to work today but that is not panning out so will have my thoughts on everything later. 

I made it to the game on Friday, but that's all I could pull off this year. I made sure to represent in my angels win "Eat, Sleep, Angels" shirt. Maybe next year I'll get to do more. Thanks for the pics and the first class site.