• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

So yeah, about that letter the republicans sent to Iran...

Obama has removed all US sanctions ~ he's offered to remove all limitations on enriching uranium in 10 yrs. The mullahs are saying no way they'll stop.

BTW, last week the White House celebrated an Iranian holiday.

This info was from the Washington Post, not Fox News.

"If we have unprecedented transparency in that system, if we are able to verify that, in fact, they are not developing weapons systems, then there is a deal to be had. But that’s going to require them to accept the kind of verification and restraints on their program that, so far, at least, they have not been willing to say yes to," Obama said.

How are Obama's executive orders different from those of any other president, and how do they in any way excuse what these Republicans did?

This action is indefensible, its horrific that members of our government would reach out to a nation such as this that is actively taking actions against us.  However, his orders are part of the reason the system is broken and why cooperation between the branches is at the all time low others have referenced.  At the end of the day both are wrong, both are certainly outside any intent of how we are supposed to function, and both are complete failures of the process.

Then again it could have been a letter to Santa and some here would still be in a state of outrage due to the "R" attached so...

This action is indefensible, its horrific that members of our government would reach out to a nation such as this that is actively taking actions against us.  However, his orders are part of the reason the system is broken and why cooperation between the branches is at the all time low others have referenced.  At the end of the day both are wrong, both are certainly outside any intent of how we are supposed to function, and both are complete failures of the process.

Then again it could have been a letter to Santa and some here would still be in a state of outrage due to the "R" attached so...

Obama's executive orders changes laws that have been passed. Moral equivalence doesn't work with Obama and other Presidents.

"This action is indefensible, but let me go ahead and defend it anyway. Because Obama did something every other president did, but when he did it he was all divisive and stuff."

i assume this was directed at me, but you misread.. i was not defending either.

every president has used exec orders. not every president has done so with the deliberate and open intent of circumventing the process.

either way both were failures, both were wrong.. dont put me on the side of defending either one, im not .

Just imagine how much more of a shytstorm would be happening if it was a group of Dem senators and a Rep president. Team Fox America would never let this one go.

You mean like when Pelosi went to Syria when W. was prez?

Please man.  Its always a crap storm to somebody.

Not quite the same thing, mt. And I think Fox and Republican politicians would be going absolutely apeshit about this.

Not quite the same thing? You're right.

The Democrat Speaker of the House flies to Syria and has a secret meeting with Assad without Bush's knowledge. 

I don't remember anyone, especially the press, going apeshit.

Not quite the same thing? You're right.

The Democrat Speaker of the House flies to Syria and has a secret meeting with Assad without Bush's knowledge.

I don't remember anyone, especially the press, going apeshit.

Based on your statements and Angelsjunky's link, I'm not so sure that your memory is going to be our go-to when it comes to the retelling of past events.

Also, you are now granted approval of your requested screen name change to "yvBrianWilliamsfan."

Not quite the same thing, mt. And I think Fox and Republican politicians would be going absolutely apeshit about this.

lol, of course not.  Its always worse when the side you don't like does it.

Regardless, this letter has gone absolutely horrible for the republicans and most of the media has ripped them for it (deservedly).  I really don't see your point at this, they haven't slid on this whatsoever.

lol, of course not.  Its always worse when the side you don't like does it.

I understand where that comment comes from, but that doesn't mean it isn't a false equivalency.  The two incidents were actually quite different.  Apples and carrots.  Also, it's entirely possible to condemn both actions; you won't find any Pelosi fans here.  Pointing out what somebody else did as justification for what you did is no justification at all.

Regardless, this letter has gone absolutely horrible for the republicans and most of the media has ripped them for it (deservedly).  I really don't see your point at this, they haven't slid on this whatsoever.

A few months ago the republicans were smirking like the cat that ate the canary.  Now, it seems like all they are doing is shitting feathers.  Pride something something the fall.

I understand where that comment comes from, but that doesn't mean it isn't a false equivalency.  The two incidents were actually quite different.  Apples and carrots.  Also, it's entirely possible to condemn both actions; you won't find any Pelosi fans here.  Pointing out what somebody else did as justification for what you did is no justification at all.

You already know I am not doing that.  You also know that AJ made the comment that started this.  His comment was silly as there has been much more backlash on this than most any other.  Bottom line is trying to act like people are trying to give republicans a pass on this is completely false.

You already know I am not doing that.  You also know that AJ made the comment that started this.  His comment was silly as there has been much more backlash on this than most any other.  Bottom line is trying to act like people are trying to give republicans a pass on this is completely false.

Not necessarily here, but in other places I've seen plenty of people (meaning, more than two, because math is hard) cheering this letter because screw Obama. But as you said, it's just partisan hackery as usual.

I'm not sure I would call it partisan hackery as usual. This is a fairly alarming precedent...not just for the screw Obama nature of it...but the idea that the president doesn't speak for the US outside of our borders when it comes to items like national security, negotiating treaties, etc. It's not just Iran who will look at this letter thinking, hmmm...are we negotiating something long term, it's anyone we enter in to future discussions with. We had a branch of government try and hamstring the negotiations with a foreign country...outside of Nixon and co. working behind the scenes with North Vietnam promising a better deal...can't recall this happening in modern history.

Foreign governments are aware of U.S. domestic politics and the toxic relationship between the current president and congress.  They are also aware of Obama's history of disregarding congress and moving forward unilaterally with his own agenda.  Therefore "the letter" wasn't necessary in the first place.