• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Dual Allegiance: Can You Love Two Teams?

Of course you can.  Not sure why we need an article to debate the topic.  :)   I grew up a Braves fan, but also fell in love with the Angels in 1981, and have been a fan ever since.  I still follow both teams avidly. 

Same with Georgia Tech and Duke when it comes to basketball.  I grew up loving the Jackets and hating the Blue Devils--but then once I actually went to Duke, things changed.  :)   I now follow both teams. 

When my two "loves" play, I'm happy with the outcome regardless of who wins.

I pour a lot of time, money and emotion into the Angels... by the end of the year I'm pretty spent.  I can't imagine trying to do that with more than one team... but to each his own.  I might cheer for a team if a favorite Angel is traded there or ends up there through free agency, but it's not the same kind of devotion at all.

It surprises me how many people here are angels fans only and not baseball fans. I guess you guys never grew up playing the game?

Theres a huge difference.  Being a fan of the sport is different from being a fan of a team.  I support the Angels because they are local and I have always watched them my whole life.

If there were no Angels I would still watch other teams on rare occasion but I would never watch the same amount of baseball that I do now.

Love...no, not in good conscious anyways. However, there are a group of baby boomers which I can give a pass. My father was born in Anaheim in 1946, when he was 11 years old the Dodgers came to LA. He had the pleasure of watching Koufax, Drysdale, Wills, Davis, etc but when the Angels moved to Anaheim in 66 he began to follow his hometown team. He loves the Halos but I still catch him tuning into the Dodger games and taking somewhat of an interest in them. I think listening to Vin Scully brings him back to his youth in a way.