• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

UC Irvine students ban the US flag

I'm not proud of my country. Am I not welcome here?

I truly believe that if one dislikes this country to the point they don't want our flag flown at a university, they should get the **** out and do so in a hurry. They should go live in a place they think is better.

That being said, I agree that the pledge of allegiance is fascist b.s., I believe people should have the right to burn/desecrate the flag, and I believe one can be critical of this country while still being patriotic and proud of it.

Edited by wopphil

I truly believe that if one dislikes this country to the point they don't want our flag flown at a university, they should get the **** out and do so in a hurry. They should go live in a place they think is better.

That being said, I agree that the pledge of allegiance is fascist b.s., I believe people should have the right to burn/desecrate the flag, and I believe one can be critical of this country while still being patriotic and proud of it.

Can you see how someone might want to live in this country and see it in both its positives and negatives, but not be patriotic or proud of it?

Can you see how someone might want to live in this country and see it in both its positives and negatives, but not be patriotic or proud of it?

I can absolutely understand someone taking exception with this country, wanting to make it better, and not being proud of every single thing it does.

But I cannot understand the people whose first inclination is to place blame upon and point the finger at this country.

To me, this country is like my family. I acknowledge they have faults and areas in which they need to improve. But they are still my family and I am and always will be loyal to them, despite their faults. And I certainly won't distance myself from them because of their flaws or call some other family better because it doesn't have those flaws.

I can absolutely understand someone taking exception with this country, wanting to make it better, and not being proud of every single thing it does.

But I cannot understand the people whose first inclination is to place blame upon and point the finger at this country.

To me, this country is like my family. I acknowledge they have faults and areas in which they need to improve. But they are still my family and I am and always will be loyal to them, despite their faults. And I certainly won't distance myself from them because of their flaws or call some other family better because it doesn't have those flaws.

I agree with this and I would never live in a country that I didn't like