• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

so who do we target to play LF?

wopphil

Quentin has a career .347 OBP, which would certainly be welcome on this team.  He's injury prone, but he's also never been a full-time DH before.  Keeping him out of the field could very much keep him healthy.  Last year's numbers may be able to be thrown out.  He was playing on an injured knee(s). 

Before last season, even when only playing half season, the Padres got .275/.363/.493 with 21 DB and 13 HR's.  The season before a .374 OBP and 16 HR's.  

The point is, even if we only count of Quentin for half season worth of AB's at the DH spot, that's still a half season worth of plus OBP and power in the cleanup spot in the Angels lineup.  

Worst case scenario, he's done and the Angels just wasted 5 million dollars, which they easily can afford this season.  Best case scenario, being a full-time DH keeps him healthy and he hits .270/.370/.500 with 30 DB's and 25 HR's.  Likeliest scenario, he's not as good as he was before and he ends up getting hurt, so the Angels end up getting a half season of .250/.340 with 20 DB and 10 HR's for 5 million dollars. 

even though I'm a believer in Cron, I think Quentin puts up strikingly similar BA and power numbers to C.J., the only difference being Quentin's OBP is going to be 40 points higher and thus makes him a legit cleanup hitter.  It also gives the Angels the benefit of stashing Cron in AAA.  Let's not forget, Cron was supposed to be in AAA last year.  He basically made the jump from AA to the majors with no time in AAA.  The 49 games he did play there, he hit .316/.385 with all the power you'd expect to see from a power hitter in SLC.  

A full season in AAA may do Cron some good and may do the Angels some good.  Raise his confidence and even raise his value is he ends up hitting something like .330 with 35 HR's, which is a legitimate possibility in that environment.  

One thing about Ethier is you probably wouldn't worry about a failed drug test or anything like that. The guy is as clean cut as they come.

He's just not the same player production wise as he used to be. I don't know the reason for that.

does knocking up chicks count?

It would be ironic if we ended up with Carlos Quentin.

you know

because he broke Zach Greinke's collarbone

and Greinke was who we missed out on so we signed hamilton

who just had collarbone surgery

KERPLOW!

that's your mind being blown.

Damn, now I want to break someone's collarbone.

Quentin has a career .347 OBP, which would certainly be welcome on this team. He's injury prone, but he's also never been a full-time DH before. Keeping him out of the field could very much keep him healthy. Last year's numbers may be able to be thrown out. He was playing on an injured knee(s).

Before last season, even when only playing half season, the Padres got .275/.363/.493 with 21 DB and 13 HR's. The season before a .374 OBP and 16 HR's.

The point is, even if we only count of Quentin for half season worth of AB's at the DH spot, that's still a half season worth of plus OBP and power in the cleanup spot in the Angels lineup.

Worst case scenario, he's done and the Angels just wasted 5 million dollars, which they easily can afford this season. Best case scenario, being a full-time DH keeps him healthy and he hits .270/.370/.500 with 30 DB's and 25 HR's. Likeliest scenario, he's not as good as he was before and he ends up getting hurt, so the Angels end up getting a half season of .250/.340 with 20 DB and 10 HR's for 5 million dollars.

even though I'm a believer in Cron, I think Quentin puts up strikingly similar BA and power numbers to C.J., the only difference being Quentin's OBP is going to be 40 points higher and thus makes him a legit cleanup hitter. It also gives the Angels the benefit of stashing Cron in AAA. Let's not forget, Cron was supposed to be in AAA last year. He basically made the jump from AA to the majors with no time in AAA. The 49 games he did play there, he hit .316/.385 with all the power you'd expect to see from a power hitter in SLC.

A full season in AAA may do Cron some good and may do the Angels some good. Raise his confidence and even raise his value is he ends up hitting something like .330 with 35 HR's, which is a legitimate possibility in that environment.

Nice ... now explain why would the Padres want Grant Green? Edited by Troll Daddy

Padres would definitely want Green.

1. They shed 5 million in payroll in the deal.

2. They separate Quentin and Kemp, avoiding bad feelings in the clubhouse.

3. They get another player that can factor in at all 4 infield spots.

4. They add more offense (which has been their primary focus) as Green is an offensive minded utility player.

The Padres would absolutely do Quentin + 3 million for Grant Green.

I aged ten years today with the Hamilton news.

I'm getting tired of caring so much about this team. I'll be happy if they make it to the World Series in the next 20 years. Lowered expectations going forward.

seriously?

i felt like i got 10 years younger

got a little bounce in my step

I say check out Ethier.

Get the Dodgers to pay most of the contract. There is obvious bad blood brewing between him and the organization. Give him the starting job in left and throw in a minor leaguer. He is more established offensively and is better than the options we are currently considering.