• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Josh Hamilton meets with MLB officials about a disciplinary issue

SoWhat

The cryptic comments from the Angels (Moreno, Scioscia, etc) don't exactly suggest THEY feel sorry for Hamilton at this point.  Reading between the lines, they kind of hung him out to dry. 

Maybe the quote from the MLB exec really is true, maybe this is much worse than any of us are prepared for.

They could get in trouble for violating some health/confidentiality agreement if they said much.  Plus, that would be a dick move.  We'll all find out more soon enough.  

No that isn't what I was saying.  I'm saying that it is up to Josh to deal with the court of public opinion.  If it is too much for him he shouldn't be playing in the MLB to begin with because he should care more about the well being of his family.  I'm not saying I hate the guy, just that I don't feel sorry for him. I feel sorry for his family and for the situation and I would never have wished this on them or even Josh himself.   I've just known enough addicts to where this kind of thing just makes me shake my head.  I am also pretty unforgiving when children are affected.  The thing is, people haven't told Hamilton he is worthless.  People have supported him for years.  He has had more help, financially and otherwise, than just about any addict I can think of.  So its not all of the sudden our duty to be 100% supportive of him to make sure he doesn't have some self-fulfilling prophecy.  I can understand feeling sorry for him.  If I hadn't personally dealt with addicts my entire life I probably would feel bad for him.  I just don't care anymore.  I just can't feel sorry for someone who, even if just for a moment, chose drugs over his kids and his family. I do hope the best for him and I hope he gets the help he needs. 

I would never just expect anyone to particularly care about him personally, or feel sorry for him, but casting moral indignation his way is different than that.

Sure, like any celebrity, dealing with the public perception of them comes with the territory, that's the reality of things, and those are the consequences of his actions, but that doesn't necessarily excuse the public reacting that way.  If an actor has to deal with paparazzi's harassing them on a daily basis, that is a known consequence to their celebrity, but that doesn't mean the paparazzi should harass them. Although, I'm not trying to say anyone here is harassing him.

Edited by Angels Never Die

Good luck fight that battle, dude.

But yeah, instead of sports guy saying it comes with the territory maybe they should jump back into reality. Us normal dudes don't have to deal with derogatory terms thrown at us during work or some drunk harassing our family in the stands.

This shit where people that buy tickets or watch almost every game thinking they're entitled to act like rhino dicks to athletes or take to the message boards with slander because it personally affected them that they hit into a DP to lose the game is pathetic.

I'm hitting my main forum quota until opening day.

It was bound to happen when I took a business trip to central CA (looks like a heavy meth city) and instead of watching the ~25 channels in the hotel room hopped in this forum to see the posts from people with actual knowledge of this situation.

Fresno?

this thread is like when you are talking on the phone and then you get a text, and then an email, and then someone is trying to ask you a question from the other room and the tv is on and then the dog starts barking because someone is ringing the doorbell.  and it's Jose Mota.

On the phone, text or at the door?

Although, I'm not trying to say anyone here is harassing him.

Not to argue, just to expand...

If anything, WE have been harassed watching him with his pathetic composure, below mediocre performance, and lack of any passion for being on this team,

Sure there's always another side but the way I see it, after the guy got his check, he hasn't even cared about performing as an the Angel.

this thread is like when you are talking on the phone and then you get a text, and then an email, and then someone is trying to ask you a question from the other room and the tv is on and then the dog starts barking because someone is ringing the doorbell.  and it's Jose Mota.

It's like a rock ridge town hall meeting

Are you? 

i was actually asking because i thought it would be beneficial to hear your

viewpoint on the topic (if you were so inclined,that is)

and,no, i'm not an addict.  I have,however, been accompanying one to meeting 2-3 times a week for several months now. 

No you haven't unless you lurk the soccer forum...unless you're group thinking again like you were with veterans.

I post in this forum maybe 1-4 times a month because there's no point, but even then AJ has taken shots and it probably stems from calling out the times everyone is on a topic and he purposely creates the same thread, but does the message board twist to direct traffic his way. He's the master of taking a hot topic here and turning it into a thread title with a obscure question attached....and likely asked in the hot topic thread.

This is just getting bizarre. I honestly have no idea what you are talking about, Brandon. This must be some kind of weird form of projection.