• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Orange County Register: Healthy Pujols talks about the day he will retire

AngelsWin.com

Well, yes.

I've always thought it would help his career in the long term. 

EDIT: Given the length of his contract with us. 

It would help his career in the long term, but for now, a lot of his value is in his glove. We need to get as much of the value of his contract as possible.

If there is a point where he can no longer play a passable first base, then he needs to DH. But for now, he needs to play first. Not every game, he can DH on occasion, like a day game after a night game, etc. We do have Cron to spell him.

But he shouldn't be the full-time DH, not yet.

It would help his career in the long term, but for now, a lot of his value is in his glove. We need to get as much of the value of his contract as possible.

If there is a point where he can no longer play a passable first base, then he needs to DH. But for now, he needs to play first. Not every game, he can DH on occasion, like a day game after a night game, etc. We do have Cron to spell him.

But he shouldn't be the full-time DH, not yet.

Fair enough. I'm in the minority. My reasoning when we signed him was based on me wishing to see him hit .320 again, which I know now that he'll probably never do. 

I guess I don't put as much importance on defense as I do offensive production. But I stand by my point in that:

If we want Albert to last at the plate, we should get him off the field ASAP.