• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Orange County Register: Healthy Pujols talks about the day he will retire

AngelsWin.com

so it will take his kid being in the olympics in 2020 for him to retire prior to his contract ending?  And they'll have to revise age protocol in order for it to happen?  

He's gonna collect every last dollar of that contract folks.  Of course he's entitled to it, but I think there is no chance he stops early.  

so it will take his kid being in the olympics in 2020 for him to retire prior to his contract ending?  And they'll have to revise age protocol in order for it to happen?  

He's gonna collect every last dollar of that contract folks.  Of course he's entitled to it, but I think there is no chance he stops early.  

Yep, pretty obvious he's finishing up the entire contract. Again, whenever any reporter dares to question his ability he snaps back with his "check my career stats" comment. Players often don't know when to retire...thinking they can still play the game.

It isn't Alberts fault that we haven't won a playoff game. Anyone who insists otherwise is an idiot. And I don't care what spot he bats in the lineup.

So we're overpaying for his "numbers". Every team in the league has someone like that. What I don't understand is why Albert and the front office insists on him playing 1B. 

DH the man. I've been saying that since day 1 of his contract. He's old for a MLB player. Once you hit 30, you're past your prime. Your body starts to turn on you. I've always been under the mindset of DH'ing Albert and saving his legs for as long as possible. His bat is the primary concern in my opinion. 

I dunno. Just my thoughts on the subject. 

Edited by laagamer

It isn't Alberts fault that we haven't won a playoff game. Anyone who insists otherwise is an idiot. And I don't care what spot he bats in the lineup.

So we're overpaying for his "numbers". Every team in the league has someone like that. What I don't understand is why Albert and the front office insists on him playing 1B. 

DH the man. I've been saying that since day 1 of his contract. He's old for a MLB player. Once you hit 30, you're past your prime. Your body starts to turn on you. I've always been under the mindset of DH'ing Albert and saving his legs for as long as possible. His bat is the primary concern in my opinion. 

I dunno. Just my thoughts on the subject. 

So, you want one of the best fielding first basemen (still) in MLB in the DH spot?