• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Orange County Register: Angels owner Arte Moreno says team 'nowhere' with negotiations for new Angel Stadium lease

AngelsWin.com

Kroenke bought the land. He didn't ask for free land. This project will be privately funded. The EIR shouldn't really be an issue because it was already a sports venue. It's a win-win for the City of Inglewood and the residents. Holywood Park was full of blight and homeless people. To have that replaced by a brand new stadium is a huge improvement.

I'll believe it when I see it. Very few of these "private" deals end up that way.

his team's value is wearing a pretty sharp tux

Frank McCourt's team's value raised into the billions, and the OVERWHELMING consensus was that Frank McCourt was a bumbling ditz.

So which was it:  A rising tide raises all boats, and all owners (regardless of acumen) benefited from tv contracts, etc; or Frank McCourt is a great businessman?

Right, a guy that started with very little and made billions isn't a businessman.  Geeze yk, usually you are a better thinker than this.  The name change has affected your reasoning.

I am not reading his bio, I am looking at his time as Angel owner.  Since 2005 (vlad signing and beer reduction), what am I supposed to be impressed about?  What's he done that Frank McCourt, the bumbling idiot, didn't do better?

Dipoto is a damn good hire.

I am not positive what I wanted him to do, (I've never been a fan of big FA signings, so Arte Claus meant nothing to me) but when he's called genius businessman here time after time after time on these boards, I'd expect to be impressed.

*Nowheresville on a stadium.  In fact its worse.  He's backed himself into a corner with seemingly nowhere to go.

*No upgrade on the in stadium fan experience in the 10 years he's owned the team.  Walking into the stadium in 2014 was like walking in in 2004 (excepting the lf video board).

---

The previous owners that EVERYBODY HATED got a lot more done:

*Won a world series title

*Upgraded the stadium from the mausoleum it was

*Upgraded the uniforms to the best ever in team history (understanding they also introduced the worst)

Hell, I'd give Arte credit for the February fan fest at the stadium he had for a couple years, but he sh*tcanned that.

Whether you like the signings or not he has committed to this team by signing Albert and Hamilton. But since you don't care for free agency you won't give him props for trying to build a contender.

Those were poor management decisions.  Piss poor, in fact. If you want me to give him a gold star for effort, I will gladly.  But there was nothing "genius businessman" about those signings.

And yes, I thought so at the time.  I'm not AO, who cheered it at the time, and booed it later.

He's increased the fan experience by upgrading the TVs, he has added more food options. There is also a HUGE variety of beer options as well.

The only stadium in the majors who still have boxy low def tvs in the concourses is Oakland.  Arte is an upgrade over Oakland.  Point conceded.

If those were bad management decisions, then you must give hime

credit for the great decisions that led us to have the best record in

MLB last year.

And thank him for Trout, Richards, Calhoun, Shoemaker, Street....

I don't have a problem with that.  Yes, I give him credit for Trout.  And resigning him.

I am not saying he is the worst owner, or even close.  I've just yet to see the "genius businessman" so touted here.

he's a genius businessman for making himself into a billionaire

ML owners don't become rich by making great baseball moves.  

They are already rich .

Arte was smart enough to purchase a business for $160 million (with no debt)

which is now worth $775 million

annual revenues have increased more than $100 million since Arte bought the team.

the team also doubled in value over his first 3 years as owner - without a new stadium or the huge tv deal.

one thing that is clear is that none of us have any idea what goes on business-wise

with the team.  

like i've already stated, extremely flawed reasoning

Not at all.  Everything Arte has done as an owner, McCourt did.

In fact, McCourt did Arte one better.  He bought the Dodgers with a credit card (euphemistically speaking).

Buy property with no money down - just like the infomercials on Saturday morning!

Not at all.  Everything Arte has done as an owner, McCourt did.

In fact, McCourt did Arte one better.  He bought the Dodgers with a credit card (euphemistically speaking).

Buy property with no money down - just like the infomercials on Saturday morning!

No ofense but you're sounding kinda naive. There is NO question Arte is a brilliant business man. I also think Mccourt was a genius to pull off what he did!