• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

ISIS delenda est

i don't know when it happened (maybe the 72 olympics with the palestinian terrorists?) but i don't like the way war is conducted today. all the combatants look like civilians, except, of course, for US forces.

i'm not sure how to word that in a way that doesn't sound so captain obvious, but i'm sure you get my point.

51 minutes ago, Tank said:

i don't know when it happened (maybe the 72 olympics with the palestinian terrorists?) but i don't like the way war is conducted today. all the combatants look like civilians, except, of course, for US forces.

i'm not sure how to word that in a way that doesn't sound so captain obvious, but i'm sure you get my point.

Korea was a standard military on military.

Vietnam might be where it started.  You had the standing North Vietnamese army.  But you also had the "Guerrella" (sp) fighter.  Come to think of it, I always equated Guerrella warfare with like latin america and similar to tactics used by ISIS and such. 

But in both cases, it was always usually aimed at the military.  When civilians became a target or a strategy I'm not really sure.

And it sucks, because if the US, Russia, Syria, Iran, Iraq, etc target civilians, then it's sanctions and threats and everything.  ISIS does it, and half Syria is saying good F'in Assad, and the other half is probably saying glad it wasn't me. 

In the Revolutionary War, Americans did indeed shoot from behind rocks and trees but they also marched and fired from formation. They were organized like an actual military unit and were easy enough to spot during combat. They hid in plain sight until the battle cry was sounded.

Combatants today dress like civilians and hide amongst them. They are not out in the open at all, not even once they engage the enemy. There's clearly overlap with the 1776 guys, but not completely the same.

Edited by Tank

4 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

Trump made a good point today. He said that ISIS consists of some 30,000 men, so why is it so hard to defeat them?

Could we perhaps be fighting "not to win"?? I wonder. Air strikes alone don't seem to be putting much of a dent in them.

destroying an idea is not easy.  This is a part of the problem.  

Edited by UndertheHalo

11 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

Trump made a good point today. He said that ISIS consists of some 30,000 men, so why is it so hard to defeat them?

Could we perhaps be fighting "not to win"?? I wonder. Air strikes alone don't seem to be putting much of a dent in them.

Why don't you and Donny take a ride through downtown Mosul and figure out which are which?

Let's say we destroy ISIS. Now what? Who fills the void? That's the question we should be focused on. How do they find a leadership that can contain the crazies and still allow the rest of the population to live in relative peace? Is that possible? How does a babbling camera addict like Trump contribute to a solution?

6 hours ago, arch stanton said:

Let's say we destroy ISIS. Now what? Who fills the void? That's the question we should be focused on. How do they find a leadership that can contain the crazies and still allow the rest of the population to live in relative peace? Is that possible? How does a babbling camera addict like Trump contribute to a solution?

There was a dude named Assad keeping the crazies at bay until we started funding and providing weapons to his enemies. It's just another example of how we screw things up over there and need to GTFO. 

14 hours ago, InsideThePark said:

FS thinks we should bomb indiscriminately. He's made that clear several times. Pro-life until they're born - especially if they're brown.

Sorry ITP, this is  silly argument.  "You care about brown people but not innocent babies"

See?

I don't - my outlook is a little different. It might seem the same to you but it isn't.  Besides, you don't advocate for that position, mt... he does. I mean if all of God's innocent life is supposed to be protected, I'm not seeing the consistency. I know that you'll want to turn that around but you guys already think that we're immoral since we don't share your beliefs.

On 5/28/2016 at 4:47 PM, InsideThePark said:

I don't - my outlook is a little different. It might seem the same to you but it isn't.  Besides, you don't advocate for that position, mt... he does. I mean if all of God's innocent life is supposed to be protected, I'm not seeing the consistency. I know that you'll want to turn that around but you guys already think that we're immoral since we don't share your beliefs.

Nope, we  believe everyone is immoral hence the need for Jesus.  

On 5/28/2016 at 7:22 AM, Lawrence said:

There was a dude named Assad keeping the crazies at bay until we started funding and providing weapons to his enemies. It's just another example of how we screw things up over there and need to GTFO. 

Just like the obsession with removing Saddam Hussein, without anyone in Washington figuring out that as bad as he was personally, he was keeping a lot of warring factions under wraps. Once that suppression was gone, they all rushed forward to try to grab a piece of power.

5 hours ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

Just like the obsession with removing Saddam Hussein, without anyone in Washington figuring out that as bad as he was personally, he was keeping a lot of warring factions under wraps. Once that suppression was gone, they all rushed forward to try to grab a piece of power.

Saddam also didn't go around beheading Christians, as ISIS does. 

9 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

Saddam also didn't go around beheading Christians, as ISIS does. 

Honestly don't see how beheading non-Christians is any better/worse.  He was an evil man propped up by our own government.  Just like the Shaw was.  Bad things come home to roost.