• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

ISIS delenda est

......is that why its called 'Turkey' day?

Serious question, but why here? Meaning, why arent these people trying to get in to say north africa or asia? Wouldnt the cultures be more similar? Obviously they want a better life. But should we also start accepting the people fleeing african warzones? Burma? Sinaloa?

We brought over a huge amount of Salvadoran refugees in the 80s. The settled into the rampart district. Rampart in turn became pound for pound the most violent division of the lapd in the 90s (77th and southeast having more crime stats, but rampart beating them when taken into account how small it is).

Im not saying this would be the same. The vietnamese came over, and after a generation, thrived. But it has bad news written all over it to me...

That may have been because the rampart division was filled with thugs with pensions

Obama: Syrian refugees are like the pilgrims on the Mayflower

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/obama-syrian-refugees-are-like-pilgrims-on-the-mayflower/ar-AAfGb00?ocid=spartandhp

14 more months of this madness...

Eventually the settlers to the New World killed and usurped the land of the native peoples.

That may have been because the rampart division was filled with thugs with pensions

or because 18th street, 20K deep, and MS-13 decided to go to war there, along with the 7 gangs making up the 3 square miles of the pico/aliso

Wont make any excuses for rampart crash. They were crooks and got what was coming. But they were a blip of what was haopening there, a division that averaged 100 homicides a year in an area about the size of la palma, or villa park. And for every homicide you can multiply it by about two and a half for people shot that didnt die.

Rampart has been cleaned up for the most part. Its still poor, but violent crime is way down. South LA is still doing its thing though. This wss most of LA from about 87 to 2000:

http://homicide.latimes.com/post/westmont-homicides/

How Turkey Exports ISIS Oil To The World: The Scientific Evidence

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-11-27/how-turkey-exports-isis-oil-world-scientific-evidence

Whelp, looks like it took only 42 minutes to prove!  Adios Erdogan!

Well, there's only one "area" Russia is bombing ISIS and other terrorists, and that's inside Syria.

You glossed over the part I included stating that it's standard to give a 12 mile border buffer since that doesn't fit your Pravda editorial rant.Good that you included the "and other terrorists" bit since IS is essentially an afterthought in their mission planning.

Defense Sec just announced that Special Ops forces are headed to Iraq to fight ISIS. A senior official said this "cracks open the door" for combat operations in Iraq and Syria.

Here we go!

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/mideast/defense-secretary-carter-special-ops-force-iraq-fight-isis-n471996

Edited by fan_since79

Defense Sec just announced that Special Ops forces are headed to Iraq to fight ISIS. A senior official said this "cracks open the door" for combat operations in Iraq and Syria.

Here we go!

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/mideast/defense-secretary-carter-special-ops-force-iraq-fight-isis-n471996

So FS, are you in favor of this or not? Would your view on it change if it was a Republican making the call, all else being equal.

You glossed over the part I included stating that it's standard to give a 12 mile border buffer since that doesn't fit your Pravda editorial rant.Good that you included the "and other terrorists" bit since IS is essentially an afterthought in their mission planning.

An after thought in who's mission planning, Russia's?  Are you fk'n kidding me??

Please list me the accomplishments of the US against IS in Syria before Russia started bombing them on Sept 30.  I'm sure there's plenty.

An after thought in who's mission planning, Russia's?  Are you fk'n kidding me??

Please list me the accomplishments of the US against IS in Syria before Russia started bombing them on Sept 30.  I'm sure there's plenty.

What does the effort of the US have to do with Russia bombing targets chosen with saving Assad's ass in mind? Are you really trying to say Russia is in this to fight IS?

What does the effort of the US have to do with Russia bombing targets chosen with saving Assad's ass in mind? Are you really trying to say Russia is in this to fight IS?

Eventually Russia will attack ISIS.  But right now, they are trying to not fight 2 fronts at the same time.  As the turkmen showed with killing the pilot, they are the current target of Russia now.  And if it's true that ISIS is funneling oil through them, the strategy by Russia is sound.  Close off the Turkey border, which will mean ISIS will lose a good portion of their funding.  Which will mean they will be an easier target to destroy, since their biggest strength is hiring people who have no other means for a job.

So FS, are you in favor of this or not? Would your view on it change if it was a Republican making the call, all else being equal.

I'm not in favor of it unless it's a coalition of many countries (including the local ones like Saudi Arabia, etc) with about 500,000 troops ready to make total war on ISIS and destroy them once and for all. That's what war is, not this confused mess we see here. Whether it's a Democrat or a Republican calling the shots doesn't matter to me.

Edited by fan_since79