• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

ISIS delenda est

Can we just leave the Middle East plz? We can employ thousands of roughnecks by producing our own oil, Arch can train pilots in 29 Palms and we won't piss away billions of dollars fighting an ideology.

It would be nice if our president would quit bowing down to his MIC overlords but for now it seems that the only person in D.C. with a set of balls is woman in the House of Representatives.

But ISIS!!!!!!!1111

Wow

Look at how excited the republican candidates are about the attack in France, and how they're still beating the Benghazi horse.  If there was a similar attack on American soil they'd be like this:

524205.gif

Remember how after 9/11 there was a sense of unity and we had to get behind our president?  Do you think the republicans would act the same today with Obama in office?

Yeah, if this is true, it's going to get ugly.

Putin calls downing of Russian jet by Turkey's military 'a stab in the back'

Footage released by Turkey’s semiofficial Anadolu news agency showed the jet crashing into a wooded, mountainous area followed by a plume of smoke. Further footage from Anadolu showed the two pilots parachuting to the ground after having ejected.

According to Turkish news agency DHA, a Turkmen rebel brigade operating in that area fatally shot the two pilots after they reached the ground. The report could not be immediately verified.

The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights reported that a Russian helicopter apparently searching for the crew members in a nearby area was hit by an anti-tank missile after being forced to make an emergency landing. A YouTube video uploaded in the afternoon by a rebel group known to be operating in the area shows an American-supplied anti-tank TOW missile striking a helicopter after it had landed.

I read a good article a while back, forget the author, but he had recently interviewed a former repulican guard honcho who became a heavy hitter in the insurgency during OIF. May have been a deck of cards guy if i remember correctly.

Anyway, the author byilt a relationship with him during OIF, and still had enough clout to reinterview him recently (who i believe is no isis). Anyway, the iraqi said the biggest mistake we made was breaking up the baath party. That the insurgency was willing to work with the coalition from rhe start. Im ad libbing, but he said something along the lines of they were willing to let us establish long term bases there, like germany he said, they pretty much expected it. They were willing to do that because they wanted us to buffer the iranians. When we broke up the army, thats what set them off. All these guys were suddenly jobless and powerless to the shia for the first time in decades if not longer.

Obviously that was just this guys take. Finding two people over there who share the same idea for longer than a year is tough enough. But really aheds light on how bad we blundered on something that could have almost worked.

ANd unfortunately we (the world) will be paying the price for it for years and years

Not that my opinion matters, but I've always said that I thought our disbanding the army was the biggest mistake we made.  This is VALIDATION!!1!

TOW vs helicopter? Hmmm....guess it could work. Wouldnt think it could, but i guess if its flying low enough, and slow enough....

It was already on the ground. Here's the video: http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=27a_1448375727

FSA just got another 500 TOW missiles from Saudi. US made armaments are being used against forces who are actually fighting ISIS, instead of just play-acting.

Look at how excited the republican candidates are about the attack in France, and how they're still beating the Benghazi horse.  If there was a similar attack on American soil they'd be like this:

524205.gif

Remember how after 9/11 there was a sense of unity and we had to get behind our president?  Do you think the republicans would act the same today with Obama in office?

I'd forgotten how much of liberalism is based on hate for the other side.  "Excited"?  No wonder this country is so effed up.

Certainly seems like Rubio is walking that line, or at least saying the attacks were "good for him politically"

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/marco-rubio-paris-attacks-political-advantage

Rubio made the comment while discussing his rising poll numbers with "Fox News Sunday" host Chris Wallace. When Wallace asked whether Rubio thought his foreign policy credentials gave him a polling boost in the wake of the Nov. 13 terror attacks, the Florida Republican replied that his team doesn't put much stock in polls that were "going to fluctuate" this early in the primary race.

He went on to argue that the attacks led to a "positive" shift to national security in the political conversation, one he wanted to see continue "not just for political advantage."

"I obviously am not happy about the events that happened last week in Paris," Rubio told Wallace. "But I think it's a positive development that it suddenly has forced Americans to confront more carefully the issue of national security because it is the most important thing a President will do and it is the most important function of the federal government."

"I hope that we focus on that note more, not just for political advantage but because the world has become a very dangerous place," he added.

How Turkey got to be in NATO is beyond me.

they were in close proximity to the soviet union and they allowed us to build an air base. 

outside of that, i'm not sure there's really a good reason. they play by their own rules a lot of the time. the fact that it's been over a hundred years since the armenian genocide and we can't officially acknowledge it out of fear of pissing off the turks tells you something of the character of that country and our somewhat tenuous relationship with them.

Not that my opinion matters, but I've always said that I thought our disbanding the army was the biggest mistake we made. This is VALIDATION!!1!

in hindsight it definitely was. I think the line of thinking was the army was saddams, and the people hated saddam. IE, here you go, saddam isnt in power anymore.

Problem is the army was what was keeping that place in order to begin with. Yeah, they were oppressive, brutal, etc...but so was what followed.

It was already on the ground. Here's the video: http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=27a_1448375727

FSA just got another 500 TOW missiles from Saudi. US made armaments are being used against forces who are actually fighting ISIS, instead of just play-acting.

Makes a lot more sense. Ising a TOW to down a helo sounded way more like playing call of duty, not real life.

Still wonder if its possible though...

Geographically Turkey is incredibly strategic. It is the gateway to the middle east from Europe. It also controls the access to the Mediterranean from the Black Sea, which is Russia's only Naval route for supplying their military operations in Syria.

exactly. The geography is what makes it so vital, same as egypt, panama, etc.

Gonna be interesting to see how this goes down. Putin isnt exactly into detente so to speak. I dont see them responding with force, but i absolutely dont see them not responding...

F-16 > Su-24

airwolf > su-24. Actually suprised the russians are still flying them. I guess theyre probably still good enough to do their job, ground attack, but would assume they would have been phased out already (like the f-111 they based it on)

Arch, what do you know about them? The russians build some pretty badass planes, but they always seem to kind of give them more credit than true capability

Edited by ten ocho recon scout

exactly. The geography is what makes it so vital, same as egypt, panama, etc.

Gonna be interesting to see how this goes down. Putin isnt exactly into detente so to speak. I dont see them responding with force, but i absolutely dont see them not responding...

How much can he actually respond though? They have to have access to the Mediterranean, and they can't go start a shooting war with a NATO ally.

Syria is a ****ed up place...a dozen players, all with their own agendas