• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

ISIS delenda est

In another fit of good timing, Obama just earmarked $700 million in additional aid to the rebels in Syria.

I wonder how many of those weapons will just happen to fall into the hands of ISIS.

Really, are ISIS and the other Islamic rebels better than Assad?

I can't stand Obama but every president has done this.

It would be a huge logistical nightmare to put together a large force of troops from neighboring countries to launch an offensive attack. When you think about this group you have to figure that there's not more than 200 or so that run everything. Saudi has the biggest and best equipped army but the UAE has the best special forces. I think it's a much better strategy to use smaller commando units and try to cut the head off the monster. I also think this won't happen until they get much closer to the borders or threaten the holy mosques.

Regarding what Tank mentioned about the neighborhood participation, Jordan, Saudi, Bahrain, Egypt, UAE, have all flown bombing missions. UAE even sent a woman pilot.

I'm confused on Fan's position on this. It sounds like you don['t like the fact Obama sends in troops but if Obama doesn't send in troops you don't like that either.

What do you like Fan?

My problem is, he doesn't seem to have any consistent strategy but simply reacts to the changing situation. Draw a red line, then retreat, etc.

And why are we giving another $700 million to the rebels when a lot of those weapons will probably find their way into the hands of ISIS.

I'm not sure there is a winnable strategy here, unless you form a coalition of many countries (including Saudi Arabia, Jordan, and the like), then go in with a half-million troops and occupy the place for 20 years.

Probably the best thing to do is get off our addiction to middle eastern oil, then tell the place to go screw themselves.

CNN is reporting that he French bombings may have killed very few, as ISIS apparently had evacuated those sites, anticipating the strikes.

Of course. They're not stupid.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/16/middleeast/france-raqqa-airstrikes-on-isis/index.html

I have a question. Why did they wait until now to strike those targets?

Here's part of the problem:

http://news.yahoo.com/us-says-destroyed-116-islamic-state-fuel-trucks-193133278.html

US says it destroyed 116 Islamic State fuel trucks

In a new twist to an intensifying campaign to squeeze Islamic State oil revenues, U.S. warplanes have destroyed 116 oil-hauling trucks in eastern Syria that were a key part of a smuggling operation that brings the group an estimated $1.4 million a day.

Asked why the U.S. had waited so long to hit fuel trucks, which are highly vulnerable and easily targeted by air, Davis said the U.S.-led coalition has been mindful of civilian casualties and sought to limit damage to Syria's oil resources to preserve them for future generations.

American bombers destroyed the training camps and other sites in Afghanistan in October, 2001 yet the Taliban are still there and as plentiful as ever.

The only real way to destroy ISIS in Syria is to level the entire north half of the country and kill everybody. That will never happen, of course. This 'war' will be going on for decades to come, or longer.

You should work for the department of defense with your brain bustin' ideas Fan. Solid plan.

Well, it you kill every single individual there, it simply follows that you've destroyed ISIS in the region.

I didn't say I was for the plan. Not at all. It's an unwinnable war, imo. The best we can do is contain them to some extent, and stop admitting them to our country.