• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Thoroughbred Racing

honest question . . . on a day like yesterday, where a non-favorite won, who made money on this? i'm sure the track made a boatload, but i'm guessing some adventurous betters cashed in big, also.

32 minutes ago, Tank said:

honest question . . . on a day like yesterday, where a non-favorite won, who made money on this? i'm sure the track made a boatload, but i'm guessing some adventurous betters cashed in big, also.

Track makes the same regardless of which horses win. They keep takeout/a percentage of all dollars wagered. Usually between 16-21%.

the favorite won, Tank. 

The pick 5 (super 5 or whatever you want to call it) paid almost a million.

.50C tri paid over 4k .

Rajiv Marajah on War Cry took out a lot of top horses with his bullshit move out of the gate. The more I have watched it the more pissed off I get.

Well, finally able to log in since yesterday.

Sucks about McCracken.  I was wondering why he didn't show.  Now I know.  Freaking Irish War Cry

Now at least I don't have to keep kicking myself for being sold on him.  overall, pretty brutal day for me yesterday.  Only thing that kept the hemmoragging down was I hit a 10-1.  Bu overall a lot of goose eggs.

Preakness field devoid of most of the Kentucky Derby starters

No fouling going around.  How the F does this happen without anyone looking into it?

Classic Empire, who finished fourth, is a maybe for the Preakness. He came back to the barn with some small cuts and a swollen right eye that was about three-quarters shut. If the eye gets better he will likely go to Baltimore.

9 hours ago, Adam said:

Track makes the same regardless of which horses win. They keep takeout/a percentage of all dollars wagered. Usually between 16-21%.

the favorite won, Tank. 

so, what happens to the remaining 79-84% of the money wagered? some goes to the horse, some goes to those who won on their wagers? and what do you mean "the favorite won"? 

9 hours ago, Tank said:

so, what happens to the remaining 79-84% of the money wagered? some goes to the horse, some goes to those who won on their wagers? and what do you mean "the favorite won"? 

It goes to the bettors who bet on the winner

9 hours ago, Tank said:

The takeout is pretty much the commission the track takes for prize money, paying the employees and such.  If you bet at the track, then the track keeps almost the entire takeout.  If you bet OTB (off track betting or online), then the OTB gets a % of the takeout and the track gets a %.  Also the racing board, At Santa Anita, in California I think it's the California Thouroughbreds Association or something of that fashion also gets a %.  They use that to hire vets, and pay celebrities to be on the board, and incompetent stewarts. 

The remaining amount gets paid to the bettors.  That's why some bettors look for the bets that have the least amount of takeout.  I believe in most cases, the win/place/show has the lowest takeouts.  But since bettors are degenerates, they look for bigger payouts.  I think the pick 5 was created to have a low takeout, and get bettors to bet.  Because the more people bet, regardless of if they win or not, the track and OTB gets a %. 

Example

5 Horses + $ Wagered

1. $500

2. $1000

3. $1500

4. $100

5. $2000 

Total Wagered = $5100

Track keeps $1000

$4100 left over.

Which ever horse wins, those who bet on it split the money based on how much they wagered. If one dude bet $500 on the 1 he gets back $4100. Roughly 7-1

Last night, Japan racing.

Race 11
# Win Place Show
5 $20.20 $8.40 $8.00
10 - $186.00 $65.10
3 - - $11.90
2 - - -
Winning Trainer: Naosuke Sugai – Owner: Riichi Kondo
$1 Trifecta Box Paid $846.55
$2 Pick-3 (3/14/5) Paid $2,083.70 (3OF3)
$2 Exacta (5-10) Paid $1,288.10
$0.20 Superfecta (5-10-3-ALL) Paid $3,004.09
$2 Trifecta (5-10-ALL) Paid $1,693.10

And the 10 horse, was at 90-1.  I thought it was funny that the horse paid more as a place bet, than it would have if it won at 90-1, $182.  And this was no maiden race.  It was their main race of the night, $1.7 million purse. 

2017 Preakness Stakes Post Positions and Morning Line Odds

Post Horse Jockey Trainer Morning line odds
1 Multiplier Joel Rosario Brendan Walsh 30/1
2 Cloud Computing Javier Castellano Chad Brown 12/1
3 Hence Florent Geroux Steve Asmussen 20/1
4 Always Dreaming John Velazquez Todd Pletcher 4/5
5 Classic Empire Julien Leparoux Mark Casse 3/1
6 Gunnevera Mike Smith Antonio Sano 15/1
7 Term Of Art Jose Ortiz Doug O'Neill 30/1
8 Senior Investment Channing Hill Ken McPeek 30/1
9 Lookin at Lee Corey Lanerie Steve Asmussen 10/1
10 Conquest Mo Money Jorge Carreno Miguel Hernandez 15/1
Edited by gotbeer

For Preakness.  I really think it's a two horse race between Always Dreaming and Classic Empire.  With a slight lean toward Classic Empire.  That is as long as he doesn't get mugged again.

Exacta $14

4/5 Box $2

45 with 4,5,6,2,1,10,9 $12

Trifecta $10

45 with 45 with 6,2,1,10,9 $5

45 with 6,2,1,10,9 with 45 $5

Superfecta $14

45 with 45 with 6,2,1,10,9 with all $7

45 with 6,2,1,10,9 with 45 with all $7

Might not be any money unless you cold deck it.  So may take a stand and with Classic Empire on top.

After the bullshit and debacle of the derby, and the dearth of horses in tomorrows race, I have, unfortunately, lost interest. 

It's a shame but I doubt I'm alone...Maybe the Belmont will shape into a better contest.

I would not be at all surprised to see another horse jump up and beat both the favorites tomorrow....ln fact I hope it happens, but I wont be betting. The Derby left a bad taste in my mouth for whatever reason.

6 hours ago, Homebrewer said:

After the bullshit and debacle of the derby, and the dearth of horses in tomorrows race, I have, unfortunately, lost interest. 

It's a shame but I doubt I'm alone...Maybe the Belmont will shape into a better contest.

I would not be at all surprised to see another horse jump up and beat both the favorites tomorrow....ln fact I hope it happens, but I wont be betting. The Derby left a bad taste in my mouth for whatever reason.

My biggest gripe, is that it just reinforces my impression that they just don't seem to give a shit at Churchill.  Which is par for the course for Churchill Downs Corp.  All they want is money.  Screw everything else, including the welfare of the horses.