• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Thoroughbred Racing

Hi David,

We thought you'd like to know that there are two carryovers on Friday, March 31, 2017. Santa Anita has a Pick Six carryover that is worth $515,717 starting with race 3. Also, there is a Rainbow Pick Six carryover at Gulfstream Park for $1,543,677 in race 6.

Who can win Kentucky Derby? These prep races offer final chances to clarify the picture

Trainer Jose Pinchin said that Three Rules would be pointed toward the Preakness Stakes instead of the Kentucky Derby, then backtracked.

“If you win the Florida Derby, you got to go on to Kentucky,” Pinchin said. “You know what I mean?”

Hope!

16 minutes ago, Adam said:

It most certainly will.

Last year it paid $80K on mandatory payout day. I was 4 of 6 with 2 2nd place finishers on a $36 ticket. (My ticket could have been the year before. Can't remember)

That's exciting! I have been alive twice going into race 6, and both time wound up with a consolation 5 of 6 payout. So seldom do I play it, and even when I do I won't sink a bundle into it. Your $36 is probably my limit on a P6 ticket. That one last month at Santa Anita has had me looking for a day like that to try again.

I'm still alive (in 1st place) in the bracket pickem this time around, so maybe this is my year to hit an elusive payday? 

1 hour ago, Adam said:

It most certainly will.

Last year it paid $80K on mandatory payout day. I was 4 of 6 with 2 2nd place finishers on a $36 ticket. (My ticket could have been the year before. Can't remember)

Remember the one year though.  It was hit on Saturday before mandatory payout day.  Dude scored like $3 million on a $30,000 ticket or something like that.

1 hour ago, Homebrewer said:

That's exciting! I have been alive twice going into race 6, and both time wound up with a consolation 5 of 6 payout. So seldom do I play it, and even when I do I won't sink a bundle into it. Your $36 is probably my limit on a P6 ticket. That one last month at Santa Anita has had me looking for a day like that to try again.

I'm still alive (in 1st place) in the bracket pickem this time around, so maybe this is my year to hit an elusive payday? 

We need to make an AW.com syndicate.  I'll chose all the losing horses, while you and Adam can pick the winners.

30 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Once I pick the losers, they will win.  It's a curse I tell you. 

You pick some losers and I'll pick some winners and what we agree on we'll get Adam to bankroll.

Sounds like the beginning of a beautiful relationship.

I just scored a part time job with the county (government paycheck baby) doing the IT work at the county library. Got to name my own pay rate and set my own hours. If they call me in for something that takes 10 mins to fix I get 2 hours (government paycheck baby).

Horse racing and beer brewing money for me.

4 minutes ago, Homebrewer said:

I just scored a part time job with the county (government paycheck baby) doing the IT work at the county library. Got to name my own pay rate and set my own hours. If they call me in for something that takes 10 mins to fix I get 2 hours (government paycheck baby).

Horse racing and beer brewing money for me.

That's weird.  With all the trips you take into Yosemite.  I always thought you were a government worker.  In the lines of a park ranger, or something in that fashion. 

So now you and Adam can be the bank for the syndicate since I'm the poor one.

6 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

That's weird.  With all the trips you take into Yosemite.  I always thought you were a government worker.  In the lines of a park ranger, or something in that fashion. 

So now you and Adam can be the bank for the syndicate since I'm the poor one.

Retired Airlines...I go to Yosemite because it's in my backyard, literally. That and I have a lifetime pass to all National Parks, that and there's a bus that picks me up a block from my house and drops me in Yosemite Valley.

Just now, Homebrewer said:

Retired Airlines...I go to Yosemite because it's in my backyard, literally. That and I have a lifetime pass to all National Parks.

Must be rough.  Nothing to see in your area I bet.  Next thing you will tell me, you get no light pollution and can actually see stars in the sky. 

4 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Must be rough.  Nothing to see in your area I bet.  Next thing you will tell me, you get no light pollution and can actually see stars in the sky. 

Actually if not for Yosemite and the surrounding mountains there would be very little to do here ... which is kinda why I moved here. The east side (lee vining, bridgeport) is just a couple hours away, but this year they don't expect to open Tioga Pass until July.

And yes...one of my daily things is watching the Space Station (ISS) fly by..tonight's visible pass is at 8:14

User: anonymous   Login
(37.4849°N, 119.9663°W)
Time: 18:15:21
(UTC-07:00)
Language:

ISS - Visible Passes Home | Info. | Orbit | Close encounters

Search period start: 31 March 2017 00:00  
Search period end: 10 April 2017 00:00
Orbit: 399 x 409 km, 51.6° (Epoch: 01 April)

Passes to include:  

Click on the date to get a star chart and other pass details.

Date Brightness Start Highest point End Pass type
(mag) Time Alt. Az. Time Alt. Az. Time Alt. Az.
31 Mar -1.2 20:14:05  10° WNW   20:16:30   19° NNW 20:18:57 10° NNE visible
02 Apr -0.9 20:07:14 10° NW 20:08:32 12° NNW 20:09:49 10° N visible
06 Apr -0.9 21:29:40 10° N 21:30:13 11° NNE 21:30:13 11° NNE visible
07 Apr -0.4 22:12:16 10° NNW 22:12:27 11° NNW 22:12:27 11° NNW visible
08 Apr -1.5 21:20:11 10° NNW 21:22:03 16° NNE 21:22:03 16° NNE visible
09 Apr -1.2 20:28:20 10° N 20:29:39 12° NNE 20:30:57 10° NE visible
09 Apr -0.8 22:03:27 10° NW 22:04:18 17° NW 22:04:18 17° NW visible

4 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

@Homebrewer One thing I loved, when I camped out at Black Hills in South Dakota.  For a city boy, looking up and seeing all those stars, it was just unbelievable.  And also, saw a satellite pass by overhead.  Had to ask the Park Ranger that was giving a tour what it was. 

never know what you'll see when you look up

Alaska and Scandinavia have been my finest experiences with clear night sky

3 hours ago, Homebrewer said:

You pick some losers and I'll pick some winners and what we agree on we'll get Adam to bankroll.

Sounds like the beginning of a beautiful relationship.

If you need someone with absolutely no knowledge but is an enthusiastic hack in picking horses, I can clear my schedule.

4 minutes ago, Tank said:

If you need someone with absolutely no knowledge but is an enthusiastic hack in picking horses, I can clear my schedule.

There is always something to be said for the starry eyed number/name/color picking neophyte. 

They are usually chicks, but if you wear something skimpy and sexy we might let you hang out.

GB...stop that.